PDA

View Full Version : Where to start with 1000 TT

spaflyer
11th Sep 2017, 16:22
Hello gents and ladies!

After almost a year in Africa, it´s time to move to somewhere else, so at this stage I'm looking for jobs on the Caribbean area. I´m aware that sending CV will not work and the best approach is to show up in person, so with both EASA and FAA licenses, and European passport, speaking English, French, Spanish and a little bit of Italian, where do you recommend to start with? So I will buy a ticket and show up there.

Currently with 1000TT, and a sea plane rating on my FAA License.

Thanks guys!!!

p_alleyne
12th Sep 2017, 00:40
Not sure if you want to move onto the airlines but Copa Airlines is a good bet. Even though that's Central America and not the Caribbean per se.

B2N2
12th Sep 2017, 01:56
Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Trinidad and Tobago or Guyana...
You may have some better luck asking this question on a more US oriented forum.

spaflyer
12th Sep 2017, 07:21
B2N2, Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands are US, so without a Green Card, nothing for me, about the others what I want is a realistic list of the country with more chances to start with-

P_alleyne, I might consider this option too, but for now the idea was to start in the Caribbean. Thanks though for the tip!

LimaFoxTango
12th Sep 2017, 10:44
Winair is your only option, but I believe you need to have a Twin Otter type rating. LIAT and Caribbean Airlines only hires nationals from their respective countries.

4runner
16th Sep 2017, 03:48
A former student of mine, and the only thpanith pilot that I've ever enjoyed flying with, got a job in the DR on a jet stream. He showed up. He flies to Haiti a lot. Got him turbine time and left seat after a few years.

Falck
16th Sep 2017, 18:20
Hi,

Indeed Winair or Insel Air. They are slowly recovering from a difficult time.
Divi divi air perhaps. Aircharterguide.com filter Caribbean

Enjoy those hours:ok: