PDA

View Full Version : First Officer A320 WizzAir

kezardnow
10th Sep 2017, 09:27
Hey guys,

I am interested in applying for the First Officer Position (Experienced) at WizzAir.
Has someone experience in flying there? Do they treat you well more or less?
What can be expected in the assessment?

Looking forward to your replies.

BarryMG
10th Sep 2017, 11:01
I can tell you about the selection as I did it recently: it's a two day affair, Wizz will offer a free ride to Budapest and back on their network if you happen to have a connection, hotel is on you.
First day is company introduction, then the test (90 minutes, some maths question - no calculator, then ATPL, and if you're rated - some type related questions). After that there's a group CRM exercise with HR ladies watching you. Next there are two talks - one with pilots, one with HR - 30 mins each.
If you're lucky on the first day, in the evening they will invite you for the second day, which is FFS session. If you're non-rated - just basic handling skills and how quickly you will get used to FBW and sidestick. Takeoff, climbout, level-off, some basic manouvers and vectored ILS. If rated - they'll be looking for a bit more - maybe OEI action, some ECAM message etc.

As for when you're inside - all my friends who work there are happy, on paper looks better than RYR at least - proper contract, social security, some company benefits. Be careful about the base though - for FO's it's not a big problem, but if you're experienced the upgrade will come soon and waiting lists for Warsaw of Budapest for example are years long!

kezardnow
10th Sep 2017, 12:57
Thank you very much for your detailed answer. I did not expect that they have such a big assessment. Can you tell me more about the group exercise? Do you discuss about a specific topic and they are watching you?
And the interview with HR is about your CV I guess and with the pilots it is about technical stuff?
The simulator seems to be standard program.

BarryMG
10th Sep 2017, 14:56
For the group you are given some exercise where you have to work together with the others, agree for a common solution to reach a goal, etc. Let's say they tell you you have 15 minutes to decide where to open a new base and why.
The interview with HR is more about your personality, why you want to join, what motivates you etc. They will ask you some questions about handling delicate situations (you see a captain drinking in the pub and you're flying the next morning together - what do you do?), or some questions to throw you off guard and see how you react under stress.

kezardnow
10th Sep 2017, 19:04
So all in all would you say it is hard to pass?
Do you also have information about the salary after they would offer you a contract?

BarryMG
11th Sep 2017, 13:18
Is it hard - if you're a "normal" person, with reasonable knowledge and flying skills - shouldn't be a problem.
Conditions - check PPJN, pretty accurate. It varies according to contract and location (so despite taxes and cost of living you end up with pretty much the same everywhere).

kezardnow
12th Sep 2017, 12:32
All right. Thank you very much!

pelikancanadair
22nd Sep 2017, 12:09
What do they focus on in the ATPL questionnaire?

latecoere240
26th Sep 2017, 16:43
Hi, Guys

Please, What we can expect during phone interviews ? if someone has some information, can you let us know about it... As i expect this call, would like to get trough it...

Thanks,

volavito
17th Dec 2017, 08:41
Hi BarryMG,

could you please provide me with more details regarding the ATPL questions? Do you remember the subjects? How many questions?
Thanks in advance.