PDA

View Full Version : Out of the Blue: The Final Landing

VictorSR
6th Sep 2017, 15:28
Pre order your copy of "Out of the Blue: The Final Landing" at https://shop.rafbf.org/collections/books for release on 11th September

This is the final book of the trilogy, with £60,000 already raised with the first two books.

The RAF Benevolent Fund distributes the money to the other Military Benevolent Funds

VictorSR
8th Sep 2017, 09:18
Check out this cover

Haraka
8th Sep 2017, 12:14
Although of course fully supportive of the book, which I will hopefully purchase for my Kindle, did anybody else get that faint feeling of unease looking at the cover,being reminded of the poor guy decapitated by a low level Herc pass..........

roving
8th Sep 2017, 12:39
This is not the dreadful incident you refer to, but similar a/c, similar low level pass. Fortunately no injuries on this occasion.

DOSRubXJHQo

F-16GUY
8th Sep 2017, 14:42
Although of course fully supportive of the book, which I will hopefully purchase for my Kindle, did anybody else get that faint feeling of unease looking at the cover,being reminded of the poor guy decapitated by a low level Herc pass..........

Yes me to. They still use that incident as one of the cases during Flight Safety Officer courses.

Tankertrashnav
8th Sep 2017, 16:34
Another who agrees with Haraka. Reminds me of people who gleefully post clips of dangerous low flying as though there was anything smart or clever about it. If anything would put me off buying that book it would be the cover.

8th Sep 2017, 17:28
I agree with the comments about the cover photo. My copy arrived yesterday in the post from RAFBF, which seems odd seeing as it it not being released until Monday.

Incidentally, the caption to the cover photo just says "On exercise in the Middle East"

VictorSR
8th Sep 2017, 20:06
You must be a contributor - we sent the complimentary copy out early to those who had helped!

Yellow Sun
8th Sep 2017, 21:10
The two I ordered from the RAFBF arrived today, my complimentary copy came about 12 days ago.

YS

jonw66
29th Oct 2017, 09:35
Just a quick question,when will this be released on kindle Victor SR.
Cheers
Jon

Onceapilot
29th Oct 2017, 11:12
Sorry, the cover is in such poor taste I would not buy the book. :(

OAP

Yellow Sun
29th Oct 2017, 14:02
Sorry, the cover is in such poor taste I would not buy the book. :(

OAP

Whatever

YS

Pure Pursuit
29th Oct 2017, 15:49
It is a very, very poor choice of front cover. No escaping that.

sycamore
29th Oct 2017, 15:53
Photoshop it out...

jonw66
29th Oct 2017, 17:06
I have to agree I had doubts about the cover,but it's for a good cause and the first two were highly entertaining.
On that basis I will happily put it on the kindle.

dragartist
5th Nov 2017, 19:23
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/raf-pilot-in-deadly-game-of-chicken-1327162.html

Brian W May
5th Nov 2017, 21:22

Yes. South Cerney (IIRC)

charliegolf
6th Nov 2017, 09:30
What was the inquest verdict?

CG

roving
6th Nov 2017, 13:22
What was the inquest verdict?

CG

The newspaper article is a commentary of a criminal trial in the Crown Court,

It was subsequently reported that the RAF Officer was acquitted by the jury of the serious criminal charge.

charliegolf
6th Nov 2017, 14:42
I asked about the inquest.

CG

roving
6th Nov 2017, 15:15
I asked about the inquest.

CG

I do not know how many Inquests you have been involved in. In my career it was in a number of high profile Inquests including a fatal Police shooting and death arising as a consequence of withdrawing life sustaining medical treatment.

If the Crown Prosecution Service propose charging someone with the death of the person in respect of whom the Inquest has been opened, the Inquest will be adjourned until after all criminal proceedings have been concluded.

Where, as here, the person charged has been acquitted, the Inquest Verdict is circumscribed by that verdict and would, I suspect. be either death by misadventure, if the deceased was found to have died as a result of taking a dangerous risk, or otherwise accidental death.