PDA

View Full Version : Best noise cancelling mic and headset

Crossedcontrols
5th Sep 2017, 14:51
Hi
We are developing some SAR avionics, which has the ability to place calls from the helicopter to the person on the ground. We are looking for a recommendation as to which microphone picks up the least background noise, and/or which head set is the most commonly used in the SAR helicopter environment.
I understand that most GA headsets with ANR perform it on the ear piece. We are looking to cancel the background noise sent to the person receiving the call.
(We also want the bloke wearing the head set to be able to hear the response)

Thanks for any responses :ok:

aa777888
5th Sep 2017, 16:45
Any reputable brand/type of headset will work fine. If the crew and passengers can hear you fine over the intercom, ATC can hear you fine over the radio, and your telephone conversations are carried fine via the Bluetooth cellular link that seems to be built into every modern headset and audio panel, then what more do you need? There's nothing special about what you are trying to do, and nothing more needed other than to use a quality headset.

What's interesting is that, with any species of David Clark headset, I never have any telephone conversations where the other party twigs to me being in a helicopter. They just think I'm in a car, and some don't even realize that. The same is true of the Clarity Aloft headset I most often wear. BTW, I use a Blulink (http://www.pilot-usa.com/blulink.html), usually. The extra cable is a bit of a PITA to manage, but it works great. I recently tried a DC One X and it's Bluetooth worked great, too. I'm sure others will report similar success with Bose and Lightspeed products.