PDA

View Full Version : B1-B Lancers over Oxfordshire

Marchettiman
4th Sep 2017, 14:57
Have just (Monday 14.40Z) been entertained by two Lancers in loose formation between Wantage and Faringdon, below the 2000ft cloudbase, presumably going into Brize,
Anyone know what the task is? I thought they would all be out in Guam at the moment.

shrivaldo
4th Sep 2017, 15:13
Have just (Monday 14.40Z) been entertained by two Lancers in loose formation between Wantage and Faringdon, below the 2000ft cloudbase, presumably going into Brize,
Anyone know what the task is? I thought they would all be out in Guam at the moment.

Operating out of Fairford along with Buffs for a NATO exercise.

Pali
4th Sep 2017, 15:24
Few days ago (27th Aug) one B1-B has been spotted at SIAF Airshow in Slovakia.

rOMeEMpbGCk

Cazalet33
4th Sep 2017, 19:33
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters :p

dead_pan
5th Sep 2017, 09:12
Show of force by Oxfordshire's long-standing ally in the face of the increasingly aggressive stance of neighbouring Wiltshire?

Marchettiman
6th Sep 2017, 12:38
Show of force by Oxfordshire's long-standing ally in the face of the increasingly aggressive stance of neighbouring Wiltshire?
And with no support from Berkshire who could easily cut off all supplies and economic aid by shutting the M4.
To see and hear a pair of Lancers at low level was an awesome experience!

MG
6th Sep 2017, 15:09
Wiltshire will easily draw upon the support of its south western partners of Somerset and Dorset. Along with the M4 pipeline from Wales, I think this is set for a long campaign.

pasta
6th Sep 2017, 16:35
Reminds me of a very amusing article I read the other day, purportedly from the New Delhi Times or similar, in which the writer proposed resolving the differences between Brexiteers and Remainers in the UK by partitioning it into two separate states.

The major issue with the plan was that it would require mass migration of people into the states that aligned with their beliefs, and frankly the UK railway system isn't up to the job...

ORAC
6th Sep 2017, 18:12
Southern Rail Brighton - Victoria.....

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-3c09dedda14261ac3ccb94af9c0ebb13-c

dead_pan
6th Sep 2017, 18:57
We'll know summats up when they mass their combine harvesters on the Swindon by-pass

msbbarratt
6th Sep 2017, 21:19

Meanwhile, distant Bedfordshire stands ready to side with whoever looks like winning so that we can deploy from Cardington the worlds biggest aircraft into the fray (albeit very slowly). Meanwhile Bedfordshire's QRA force stands ready at RAF Shuttleworth, just as soon as the sewing, glueing and riveting is finished (again).

Tech Guy
7th Sep 2017, 11:28
Hampshire's defenses have been bolstered by the recently arrived Polish expeditionary force. We are also planning to ship any undesirables to the Isle Of Wight and whilst there liberate all their stocks of seaside rock for emergency rations. :)

Lyneham Lad
7th Sep 2017, 15:42
We'll know summats up when they mass their combine harvesters on the Swindon by-pass

There's a Swindon by-pass??? Does not compute - people still go there... :eek: