PDA

View Full Version : The language of the cockpit is technical obscure and irresistibly romantic

The Nr Fairy
1st Sep 2017, 11:03
I saw this article referred to in an email list I'm subscribed to, and loved it. It talks about the technical, obscure but romantic language of the airways. Apologies if Tech Log isn't the right place.

https://aeon.co/essays/the-language-of-the-cockpit-is-technical-obscure-and-irresistibly-romantic

And if the last paragraph doesn't make you tingle, maybe aviation isn't the job for you.

Capn Bloggs
1st Sep 2017, 11:11
Nice.

all-powerful-sounding ‘Heathrow Director’.
He's going to get a big head!!

Steepclimb
4th Sep 2017, 12:06
And if the last paragraph doesn't make you tingle, maybe aviation isn't the job for you.The problem is when that becomes the only highlight of the job.

hirsute
4th Sep 2017, 17:27
Yuk - Oh, sorry, 10 characters: Yuk, Yuk, Yuk.

BEagle
4th Sep 2017, 18:13
Yuk!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

teeteringhead
4th Sep 2017, 18:13
Yuk! lkl;d;lek;;ld;ld;cld;cld

teeteringhead
4th Sep 2017, 18:14
Snap! lkldkslkslddwdlk

PAXboy
4th Sep 2017, 19:28
I notice that, whilst extolling the use of English as the international language of the air - he omits to mention Spain. Although, he might have done, but I gave up after a few breathless paragraphs ... :yuk:

hunterboy
5th Sep 2017, 13:03
I thought it was a well written piece. If only we had more people that extol the virtues of our profession in an articulate manner. We might even get paid as much as management consultants!

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
5th Sep 2017, 15:31
<<Heathrow Director, for the steely eyed Brits who carefully sequence arrivals at Europe’s busiest airport.>>

Thank you fans...... autographs available at very high cost!

Mr Mac
5th Sep 2017, 16:06
His books not bad either.

Regards
Mr Mac