PDA

View Full Version : Why did we vote Rod out?

Xwindldg
31st Aug 2017, 18:41
Why did we vote to get rid of him? I don't know the guy personally but he seems like the man for the job. Can't imagine him wasting time with HPE like we are now.

kiwicx
1st Sep 2017, 01:37
Why did we vote to get rid of him? I don't know the guy personally but he seems like the man for the job. Can't imagine him wasting time with HPE like we are now.

I don't normally agree with anything you write on here, but you're spot on with this one.

Captain Dart
1st Sep 2017, 01:59
And why was the present incumbent voted in?

1200firm
1st Sep 2017, 02:00
He was stabbed in the back by his own GC with PV endorsing a third candidate, GF, in order to dilute the vote. Remember that?
RF was the best chairman the HKAOA has ever had by a factor of about double.

Average Fool
1st Sep 2017, 02:52
Way too militant.

It's much easier to roll over then blame others for your crap conditions.

dabz
1st Sep 2017, 03:25
How do we vote RF back in?

Xwindldg
1st Sep 2017, 04:30
I remember people saying there was conflict between him and other GC members but does it really matter if he wasn't trying to be everyone's best mate?

Hugo Peroni the IV
1st Sep 2017, 06:08
We voted Rod out? Speak for yourself!
PV was chairman and dropped the ball when we got 25 year housing, oh wait, is that in our agreement yet?

Brokeidiot
1st Sep 2017, 06:39
How do we vote RF back in?

Just bring a motion of no confidence in DS then ask RF to run when the vote comes for new chairman...

goathead
1st Sep 2017, 07:59
Just bring a motion of no confidence in DS then ask RF to run when the vote comes for new chairman...

What makes you think Rod wants to stand again? having too explain things to a juvenile wet behind the ears GC mostly made up of C scalers whom are baying for an increase in their HKPA without any thought to the YUGE long list of everything thing else that has been sold out over the years....
He would be mad to stand again would he not ?

Brokeidiot
1st Sep 2017, 08:25
What makes you think Rod wants to stand again? having too explain things to a juvenile wet behind the ears GC mostly made up of C scalers whom are baying for an increase in their HKPA without any thought to the YUGE long list of everything thing else that has been sold out over the years....
He would be mad to stand again would he not ?

Sorry if I gave the impression I was saying he wants the position. Thought I said one would have to ask him to run... whether or not he so chooses will be up to him!

P.S looking at the list of current GC I suspect your assumption of mostly being made up of C scalers to be rather false. However never let facts get in the way of a good rant.

broadband circuit
1st Sep 2017, 10:01
Speak to anyone who was on the GC or involved in sub-committees, or as an SME etc etc.

You might be surprised by what you find out....

Xwindldg
1st Sep 2017, 10:24
From the outside it seemed like stuff got done. Members could put motions forward, the +1 +2 threads actually counted for something, we got a payrise. I don't think any regular member could care less if he wasn't trying to be every GCs best mate.

Dan Winterland
1st Sep 2017, 11:49
I'm not sure Rod's wife would be too keen for him to take it up again!