PDA

View Full Version : ATPL question Apps

sonar737
28th Aug 2017, 21:07
Hi Colleagues,

I'm just studying for my ATPL theory exams coming up end of the year. :uhoh:
As I'm always quite busy and travelling a lot due to my current job I am looking for an mobile solution to click some question during off time.
Anybody got recommendations for a good app to buy?

superflanker
29th Aug 2017, 06:10
AviationExam has an excellent application. You can download the question databases to use it offline.

Karle96
29th Aug 2017, 07:13
Hello,

I made a very good experience with the app "Fasttrack ATPL". Database is up-to-date, especially the detailed explanations (most of them with pictures) in General Navigations were of great help and made it easy to grasp the subject. Price is moreover very cheap, around 20€. Good luck!

Flyfede80
29th Aug 2017, 13:27
aviationexam.com...the best one!

KingAirJimmy
30th Aug 2017, 11:08
Aviation exam I agree. Made my Atpls a breeze!!

superflanker
30th Aug 2017, 11:25
If you are studying for UK CAA, I think BGS question bank is better (less number but more accurate questions, I heard), but it has no offline app.

eay
31st Aug 2017, 00:08
I have used two - AtplOnline and AviationExam. AviationExam was way better in terms of offline access and detailed explanations. Having completed 14 exams (7 on AO, 7 on AE) I say now I wish I had started with AE.

Central Scrutinizer
31st Aug 2017, 14:31
Aviation Exam and Bristol are the 2 big ones I reckon. Most people I know use one of these.

AE has a better interface, a good app, extensive explanations and comment sections on each question.

Bristol has a worse interface and no app BUT I think the quality of the bank itself is a bit better as in less questions and more to the point. Also the explanations are more concise.

Anyway, anyone you pick you'll be probably fine.