PDA

View Full Version : Will everyone please stop banging on about sodding spelling !

GonvilleBromhead
29th Nov 2001, 12:10
Just exactly that. It's an informal forum, and recently it looks like it's being taken over by the bloody anal brigade. And if you use someone's spelling as an attack on someone, oh please.....

It makes reading threads very dull to see a comment like "...and your spelling is toss too..." SO WHAT ????? They're not applying to BA for chrissake on here are they ? When they do, it's up to them to make sure they're spot on, no-one else.

Bloody common sense people, PLEASE !

;)

distaff_beancounter
29th Nov 2001, 12:32
Butt doessnt everone no that only them wot speels proper, cane get an ATPL? :rolleyes:

GonvilleBromhead
29th Nov 2001, 12:40
Think you meen a ALTP doesn't yer ?

;)

Gunner B12
29th Nov 2001, 13:31
it's not getting the ATLP that you necessarily need it for it's getting a job after. :( :(

But I'll willingly drop the subject. after all I'm sure there are people out there who would prefer you to be at a disadvantage. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GonvilleBromhead
29th Nov 2001, 13:46
Gunner I wasn't having a pop at you per se, and yes of course speeling is impotent if you want that job, but we do seem to be getting a fair bit of "...and your spelling..." type comments on here.

I just think it's licence (or is it lisence, or even license, who the hell knows), for threads to degenerate, more often than not into pointless bunfights.

Yes it was a nice gesture for you to help out the illegitimate amongst us, but my post is a small attempt to keep pprune to issues that matter, not to koncentrate on bad speling.

;) :)

tailboom2000
29th Nov 2001, 15:40
it is jus the loweing off stantards amongst jaa pilots.

NewBloke
29th Nov 2001, 15:48
Actually... can someone give me the correct spelling and context of the words licence/license... always confused me. Or am I just stupid....? :(

200V AC, 3 Phase, 400 Hz
29th Nov 2001, 15:54
wot i doo cus i can knot spel prpperrly is to make up my postiings in word then payste them intoo this litle box it only takkes a cupple os seconds todo and gets rid of anny spolling mastakes.

I Am Ugly
29th Nov 2001, 16:07
Yes it was a nice gesture for you to help out the illegitimate amongst us

ROFLMFAO :D :D :D

Newbloke,
Licence is UK
License is US

[Edited for spelling]
;)

[ 29 November 2001: Message edited by: I Am Ugly ]

bertha
29th Nov 2001, 16:08
Coming from the only country on the planet to write, spell and speak the true Queens english (New Zealand!). License, is the verb. ie. to license. It is also the US spelling of licence.

"Rock on the ALL Blacks"

GonvilleBromhead
29th Nov 2001, 16:10
I AM,

Oh you pesky....but the point being ?

;)

[ 29 November 2001: Message edited by: GonvilleBromhead ]

bertha
29th Nov 2001, 16:14
No sh*t
Read my poat again sherlock!

Harry Wragg
29th Nov 2001, 16:42
fhfgil dnkj iu ojjj sskjh eklk skll emnc iu e 45 sksjh jja pppp kj pw (iuuytsn) shb ia suuu djklala hjewjejal. Ijj sjfdj e'Mh djhd.

Harry!

p.s. Clear, concise, communication, is it too much to ask for?