PDA

View Full Version : Tnt/Asl airlines belgium

spifire
24th Aug 2017, 19:20
Hi has anyone recently done the Assessment at Tnt/asl airlines in Belgium.
I have an interview in september

Mlambin
24th Aug 2017, 19:42
Unfortunately not and I have apply like 10 time.

Best of luck.

joske221
2nd Sep 2017, 20:39
Did anyone recently go through the selection process that is willing to share some info?

himmelhund1702
2nd Mar 2018, 20:11
Hi
Is anyone out there who can provide information regarding the theoretical test?
Thanks in advance!

Theo.P
3rd Mar 2018, 07:41
Hey himmelhund, I suppose you are invited on the 13th of March as well ?

If you guys have any infos to share, that would be great !
About what to expect for this test, how many questions, and mains subjects ..

Is it purely atpl questions ?

Thanks in advance !

himmelhund1702
3rd Mar 2018, 12:53
Salut Theo,

yes, I´ll be there on 13MAR as well.

Have you found any information in the internet?
Haven´t found anything :-(

Theo.P
3rd Mar 2018, 14:44
Nothing at all neither !
Looks like it's gonna be a real surprise ahah

Banana Joe
3rd Mar 2018, 22:47
What's your level of experience?

Theo.P
4th Mar 2018, 05:58
21 yo
300 hrs total
integrated atpl with CTC Aviation

himmelhund1702
4th Mar 2018, 11:35
30 y/o, frozen ATPL, SPL incl. FI, Flight Dispatcher and round about 800hrs total

DerStecher20
4th Mar 2018, 17:18
Hey Guys, I am invited for the theoretical Test on 13th March, too.

Laurae
6th Mar 2018, 17:24
Hi Everyone, invited for the theoretical test the 29th of March. Would be much appreciated if you'd share your experiences.
Also, I haven't found someone who works there or knows the details of the test.

Thanks!

Theo.P
7th Mar 2018, 09:09
I know someone who works there but apparently this is quite new. So he is doesn't know either what to expect ..

I ll try to give a feedback on this topic after my test.

Laurae
8th Mar 2018, 09:28
Thanks, and all good luck with studying.
I'm going through all the ATLP topics, your feedback would help me greatly

papops
14th Mar 2018, 23:19
Hey himmelhund, I suppose you are invited on the 13th of March as well ?

If you guys have any infos to share, that would be great !
About what to expect for this test, how many questions, and mains subjects ..

Is it purely atpl questions ?

Thanks in advance !

Hi there!!

Hope you did great on your test, Any chance to get some feedback?

Thanks in advance :)

midnightcity
15th Mar 2018, 16:41
Hello guys,
What about the type rating there (BAE or 737), any bond or else ?

Thanks

greenmz
21st Mar 2018, 15:38
Hey guys,

I'm also invited for the theoretical test on the 29th. Anyone willing to share how it was?

Kind regards

midnightcity
21st Mar 2018, 20:56
Been there for the interview, did not pass it. I wonder what they are looking for...though they are very nice in front of you.
Study well your knowledges (Definitions, Performances, Jeppesen). I guess the theory test you had, is easier than the interview, You know or you don't know. The interview is different, they like you or they don't. It is all about subjectivity aftermath, IMHO.
If you're belgian with a current type rating, I guess that's a good point on your side .Management seem all belgians...so...
About the cargo night ? even if it's not a problem for you, it is not a great selling point though.
Expect some technical questions. A few may be tricky, but that's ok and very interesting (but very picky question!), if you don't know just say it, be honest and at least you'll even learn things or review some stuff. They are helper as well if you struggle.
But if they help a bit, I guess you lose points haha.
Im not sure if it really matters for them to know all perfectly. Unless they are looking for the perfect guy who knows everything. Difficult to say. Personnally I did well most of the time, but 2 questions I struggled or did not know. Im not perfect
and we don't know everything. But we are supposed to know where to find the right information aren't we ?
A few HR questions. Classic except one or two.... e.g : does your employer knows you're seeking another position? (really... and you ? are you going to tell your employer you're seeking another position? )

Wish you all the best guys.

Banana Joe
22nd Mar 2018, 10:47
How many questions was the test? Was it covering all ATPL subjects with some focus on specific ones or only specific ones?

C.T.G.
2nd Apr 2018, 06:37
Hey guys,

I'm also invited for the theoretical test on the 29th. Anyone willing to share how it was?

Kind regards,

Michael
Hi Michael,

How was your test? Can you update us on the process. How many others were there, how long did it take etc?

Thanks

Wezzel
4th Apr 2018, 09:33
Been there for the interview, did not pass it. I wonder what they are looking for...though they are very nice in front of you.
Study well your knowledges (Definitions, Performances, Jeppesen). I guess the theory test you had, is easier than the interview, You know or you don't know. The interview is different, they like you or they don't. It is all about subjectivity aftermath, IMHO.
If you're belgian with a current type rating, I guess that's a good point on your side .Management seem all belgians...so...
About the cargo night ? even if it's not a problem for you, it is not a great selling point though.
Expect some technical questions. A few may be tricky, but that's ok and very interesting (but very picky question!), if you don't know just say it, be honest and at least you'll even learn things or review some stuff. They are helper as well if you struggle.
But if they help a bit, I guess you lose points haha.
Im not sure if it really matters for them to know all perfectly. Unless they are looking for the perfect guy who knows everything. Difficult to say. Personnally I did well most of the time, but 2 questions I struggled or did not know. Im not perfect
and we don't know everything. But we are supposed to know where to find the right information aren't we ?
A few HR questions. Classic except one or two.... e.g : does your employer knows you're seeking another position? (really... and you ? are you going to tell your employer you're seeking another position? )

Wish you all the best guys.

Thanks!
Got the invitation for assessment today..
What kind of theoretical questions can I expect at the first stage?

greenmz
4th Apr 2018, 11:43
Just heard that I passed the Theoretical test.

20 questions, no multiple choice.
What I remember:

-weather charts symbols like volcanic eruption and icing etc.
-abbreviations like FADEC, MTOW.
-what is the minimum fuel required to be allowed to take-of
-decode a METAR
-definition of BCMNG
-what is a great circle track
-what is a wet start and what do you do?
-what is the clearway
-what is Dutch roll?
Seperation times after take off with wake turbulance
-5 dangers of thunderstorms
-what is an inversion

Thats what I remember. They might have different versions though. I'm not sure. Hope it helps.

If anyone has some more info on the interview that would be appreciated

abeiske
9th Apr 2018, 11:28
Has anyone an idea about the net income for a captain with asl?

alohadje
19th Apr 2018, 13:44
Any idea if they directly recruit on the 747 and what the requirements are?

Banana Joe
5th May 2018, 12:12
Any info about the second and third stage of the selection process?

Genesis5
7th May 2018, 17:21
Hi guys, just discovered this topic. I applied for an FO Position within ASL Airlines Belgium last September and was succesful. Currently flying on the line.
Regarding the theoretical test, since it recently got implemented I don't have any feedback to share with you guys. What I can tell however is that ASLB is a great company to work for.
If succesful you will either start on B757 or B737-400 depending on the vacancies. B737-400 is more likely though. Type Rating is entirely funded by the company. You can expect mainly night flying, not easy to cope with from time to time. On the other hand, you don't fly much, I would say around 350-400 block hours a year. As a result you get to spend a lot of time home. Would you have any further questions, feel free to drop me a pm :)

Banana Joe
7th May 2018, 21:26
Can't drop a PM but you've got a mail.

Alexmermoz
8th May 2018, 07:10

Le Bigleux
12th May 2018, 16:19
Hello folks,

I went to the two first steps. Unfortunately I under performed at the technical questions during the interview so I didn't pass.

Nothing much to add about the first step, there are twenty questions straight from the "Ace" book. It's not a traditional multiple-choice questionnaire, you have to write an answer. It seems they are different questionnaires with some variations. Here are those I remember:

What is a flat-rated engine?
What is the relationship between stall speed and weight?
What are the three purposes of spoilers?
What is a stopway?
What is Vmca?

Describe the four segments of a take-off (twin engine)
Basic QNH calculation (QFE 980 hPa at an airfield at 200m AMSL: what is the approximate QNH?)
Ten abbreviations to explain: PBN, MOCA, REIL, NADP, RNP, ETOPS, TCAS, FADEC, ...
Some SIGWX symbols to explain
What is the minimum fuel required to dispatch an aircraft?
METAR to decode
Take-off separation in minutes, from the same point and from an intermediate point
What is a great circle track?
Explain a hold entry
What are the ISA condtions at sea level?
What are the two types of taxiway lightings?

What is a clearway?
What is Vmcg?
What is the most efficient system for stopping at high speed?

Then I was invited to the interview. The HR part was classical: introduction, why a cargo airline, what is your plan to commute, etc.
Then, the technical questions. Boy, was I bad that day. There was a white board and they asked me to use it to answer the questions. As I remember:
- you go around at minimums after a CAT I approach. You climb following the standard missed approach gradient. What is your elevation after 10 NM? (hint: 2,4%, don't forget to add the DH)
- you fly straight to a VOR, heading 220°. You are asked to hold on radial 280 (standard hold). What is the type of entry into the hold? (I'm afraid I mixed up the radial with the inbound track)
- what is the landing climb gradient on a twin-engine? What is the associated airplane configuration? Same question for an approach climb.
- what is RVSM?

Basically nothing difficult. Just make sure to review the performance chapter.

Oh, also I suggest you spare some time to visit Liège. I enjoyed it ;)

jflyerm
14th May 2018, 11:11
Hello folks,

I went to the two first steps. Unfortunately I under performed at the technical questions during the interview so I didn't pass.

Nothing much to add about the first step, there are twenty questions straight from the "Ace" book. It's not a traditional multiple-choice questionnaire, you have to write an answer. It seems they are different questionnaires with some variations. Here are those I remember:

What is a flat-rated engine?
What is the relationship between stall speed and weight?
What are the three purposes of spoilers?
What is a stopway?
What is Vmca?

Describe the four segments of a take-off (twin engine)
Basic QNH calculation (QFE 980 hPa at an airfield at 200m AMSL: what is the approximate QNH?)
Ten abbreviations to explain: PBN, MOCA, REIL, NADP, RNP, ETOPS, TCAS, FADEC, ...
Some SIGWX symbols to explain
What is the minimum fuel required to dispatch an aircraft?
METAR to decode
Take-off separation in minutes, from the same point and from an intermediate point
What is a great circle track?
Explain a hold entry
What are the ISA condtions at sea level?
What are the two types of taxiway lightings?

What is a clearway?
What is Vmcg?
What is the most efficient system for stopping at high speed?

Then I was invited to the interview. The HR part was classical: introduction, why a cargo airline, what is your plan to commute, etc.
Then, the technical questions. Boy, was I bad that day. There was a white board and they asked me to use it to answer the questions. As I remember:
- you go around at minimums after a CAT I approach. You climb following the standard missed approach gradient. What is your elevation after 10 NM? (hint: 2,4%, don't forget to add the DH)
- you fly straight to a VOR, heading 220°. You are asked to hold on radial 280 (standard hold). What is the type of entry into the hold? (I'm afraid I mixed up the radial with the inbound track)
- what is the landing climb gradient on a twin-engine? What is the associated airplane configuration? Same question for an approach climb.
- what is RVSM?

Basically nothing difficult. Just make sure to review the performance chapter.

Oh, also I suggest you spare some time to visit Liège. I enjoyed it ;)

thank you for your information, did everyone applied for the 737 or the 747?

stoneangel
15th May 2018, 15:48
sorry you for LeBigleu,
anyway, those people are looking for the guy who knows everything about these questions, but that will not make you the best pilot.
I guess you did not have any debrief ? not very professionnal...

Genesis5
16th May 2018, 01:03
sorry you for LeBigleu,
anyway, those people are looking for the guy who knows everything about these questions, but that will not make you the best pilot.
I guess you did not have any debrief ? not very professionnal...
i have to disagree on this. They are not looking for someone able to answer all these questions. What they want to see however is someone capable of using his knowledge in order to find its way through and give a consistent answer.

Malkovitch
23rd May 2018, 20:51
Hey all,

I was invited to ASL for the selection process. The theoretical test is exactly as described above. Fairly straight forward. There were around 18 candidates on the day.
Next stage was the interview, however it might not necessarily be in that order. Could be Sim then interview etc.
Basically they had me tell them about myself, background etc. Next they asked me 4 tech questions. Holdings, CAT 1 approach, wake turbulance seperation and RVSM. The holding I made a stupid error, but corrected it and got the right entry. Wake turbulance and RVSM no problem and the Q about CAT 1 i screwed up. Nerves I guess. Then they asked if I had any Qs. Which I did. Think I asked more Qs than they did! Overall I think I was in there for 10-15mins max! Got the thanks but no thanks email a few hours later. I have to say I left the interview very underwhelmed. My first pilot selection process since graduating end of 2016. I worked extremely hard the last few weeks as I expected more from the interview itself. How they could get to know me after 4 tech Qs and a 5min chat I dont know. I guess they just didnt like me😢. Im a bit older than most graduates - career switcher, Im from the UK but have lived in Belgium for nearly 7 years and very much settled here. (speak dutch). Overall Im really gutted and really wanted to sell myself but felt that the opportunity never arose. It was over as quick as it started. Took me by suprise TBH. At least I got that far and I appreciate that I finally got a chance to go to an actual interview. Good luck to those that get selected💪

RomanK
24th May 2018, 06:43
Hi Malkovitch,
Try other airlines, try companies with smaller planes, look for options (FI, tow gliders etc. temporarly) but never give up

Malkovitch
24th May 2018, 07:21
Hi Malkovitch,
Try other airlines, try companies with smaller planes, look for options (FI, tow gliders etc. temporarly) but never give up

Thanks,
I certainly wont give up. Had an email from another company shortly after the bad news. Maybe I can go for selection there. One door closes another opens?

Banana Joe
26th May 2018, 11:48
Are the theoretical test and HR/technical interview held on the first stage now?

artgur2438
5th Jun 2018, 09:23
Hello guys,
I just passed the written test last week. Pretty much all similar to what described above really. You should not be surprised if you rely on this.
As I m invited to the interview in 2 weeks, I've been wondering what type of technical questions do they ask?
Thank you in advance for your help.

midnightcity
5th Jun 2018, 18:58
Hello guys,
I just passed the written test last week. Pretty much all similar to what described above really. You should not be surprised if you rely on this.
As I m invited to the interview in 2 weeks, I've been wondering what type of technical questions do they ask?
Thank you in advance for your help.

I would say don't waste your time (=money ) with them but if you want to give a try well:
-expect questions about holding patterns entries, altimetry (you are on glide perfectly, you should pass an OM at 1300feet according to the chart but your altimeter's showing 1500feet, why?), RVSM definition, and some acronyms words very useful for pilots from JEPPESEN charts (oh don't expect what HIALS mean, with them, too useful and easy, expect something you barely see and care lol). Climb gradients to know (review performances and especially CS25 certification).
that's it. Very picky questions, but they do not seem to change so much so...it becomes pointless finally. I should have read this forum before going there yes.
So review IFR mostly I would say.

There is no global mark taken into account. If you pass one stage, you'll go for sim check. But if you fail sim it's "thank you sir, you've failed, byebye" no debrief, nothing, no matter if you did great during interview and theory.

good luck mate
(PS: save the max amount for your trip to go up there or you'll regret...)

artgur2438
5th Jun 2018, 20:57
I would say don't waste your time (=money ) with them but if you want to give a try well:
-expect questions about holding patterns entries, altimetry (you are on glide perfectly, you should pass an OM at 1300feet according to the chart but your altimeter's showing 1500feet, why?), RVSM definition, and some acronyms words very useful for pilots from JEPPESEN charts (oh don't expect what HIALS mean, with them, too useful and easy, expect something you barely see and care lol). Climb gradients to know (review performances and especially CS25 certification).
that's it. Very picky questions, but they do not seem to change so much so...it becomes pointless finally. I should have read this forum before going there yes.
So review IFR mostly I would say.

There is no global mark taken into account. If you pass one stage, you'll go for sim check. But if you fail sim it's "thank you sir, you've failed, byebye" no debrief, nothing, no matter if you did great during interview and theory.

good luck mate
(PS: save the max amount for your trip to go up there or you'll regret...)
Thank you midnightcity for your exhaustive debrief. I am perfectly aware i am playing at an expensive game. Who tries nothing has nothing.
Can you tell me more about these bloody jepp acronyms?
Once again thx mate for your help ;)

midnightcity
6th Jun 2018, 18:39
Thank you midnightcity for your exhaustive debrief. I am perfectly aware i am playing at an expensive game. Who tries nothing has nothing.
Can you tell me more about these bloody jepp acronyms?
Once again thx mate for your help ;)

I do'nt remember what I got..:/ but I recommend you to check a big airport such as Amsterdam, London...and check all accronyms you go through.
Jeppesen student pilot route manual is a very good tool to get. Quite expensive though.

Aurel31
22nd Jun 2018, 08:21
Hello,

I'm invited in august for the selection process an would like to know more about thre process...
First phase Theoretical test is over one afternoon, but next step are direclty after our later on?

For those who did thre process recently, do you have any advice in addition of what is said on this thread?

Last but not least, is there anyone working there who can give me is view from the company?

Thank you

Aurel

Aurel31
22nd Jun 2018, 08:30
Hi guys, just discovered this topic. I applied for an FO Position within ASL Airlines Belgium last September and was succesful. Currently flying on the line.
Regarding the theoretical test, since it recently got implemented I don't have any feedback to share with you guys. What I can tell however is that ASLB is a great company to work for.
If succesful you will either start on B757 or B737-400 depending on the vacancies. B737-400 is more likely though. Type Rating is entirely funded by the company. You can expect mainly night flying, not easy to cope with from time to time. On the other hand, you don't fly much, I would say around 350-400 block hours a year. As a result you get to spend a lot of time home. Would you have any further questions, feel free to drop me a pm :)

Hello Genesis, It's that we cannot send you PM message. Would you mind send me your contact to discuss about ASL?
Thanks Aurel

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

dboy
22nd Jun 2018, 18:44
Are they looking for ab initios or also experienced ppl??

I ve put my application in (5000h TT) for FO role, but no invitation yet. It would be for me a great opportunity.

Grts

Testus01
24th Jun 2018, 23:43
Hi guys,

Has anyone already done a sim evaluation/session with ASL and willing to share some infos about it ?? What they ask,...
Only thing they told us on the first day is that it can take place on any A/C of CAE Brussels...

Concerning the theoretical test and interview it was exactly as described above, same questions.

Best of luck to all of you !

Aurel31
25th Jun 2018, 08:32
I can't answer your question but I have 750FH TT with 250FH on turbine.

By the way, I'm very interested by any feedback on the company and best have a chat with somebody inside.

Aurel

Testus01
25th Jun 2018, 11:10
Hi guys,

Has anyone done the sim session/evaluation at Asl recently and willing to share some informations about it ?? What they ask,...
Only thing they told us during the first day was that it could take place on any simulators of CAE Brussels...

I've just done the theoretical test and interview and it was exactly as described above, same questions.

​​​​

Airone2977
25th Jun 2018, 11:25
Hey folks !

I'm also invited for a selection day on July the 23rd. Thank for the feedback everyone.
Is there anybody else on the day ? Would be great to share info !
Good luck with the preparation

Banana Joe
25th Jun 2018, 23:10
Hi guys,

Has anyone done the sim session/evaluation at Asl recently and willing to share some informations about it ?? What they ask,...
Only thing they told us during the first day was that it could take place on any simulators of CAE Brussels...

I've just done the theoretical test and interview and it was exactly as described above, same questions.

​​​​
Looks like I can't send you a PM, I got some info on the sim.

Could you tell me what they asked you at the second stage (interview).

Testus01
28th Jun 2018, 13:41
Looks like I can't send you a PM, I got some info on the sim.

Could you tell me what they asked you at the second stage (interview).

seems like I just can't send any PM...

anyway, about the interview, it only took like 10 mins. First present yourself, background.
Then, the technical questions. First was a holding entry calculation. Second was a calculation about the temp. Correction at OM during an ILS approach. He ended with RVSM and approach and ldg climb gradients.
So they really seem to come back to the same type of questions..

Any feedback on the sim session would still be much appreciated !

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

​​​​​

Banana Joe
29th Jun 2018, 06:08
After how many days the interview did you get a reply as to whether you passed it or not?

Gabou
29th Jun 2018, 22:59
Hello guys,

Does anyone have more info about the sim assessment?

Banana Joe
1st Jul 2018, 08:22
Does anyone have info about the last step, the psychometrics to be held in Maastricht?

Testus01
1st Jul 2018, 09:08
After how many days the interview did you get a reply as to whether you passed it or not?

Three days after.

Banana Joe if you have some infos about the sim, we are all ears

Banana Joe
1st Jul 2018, 21:18
It will just be some raw data flying. Quite similar to Ryanair. They know they aren't recruiting people with jet experience. They want to see just decent instrument scanning skills.

Testus01
2nd Jul 2018, 12:13
It will just be some raw data flying. Quite similar to Ryanair. They know they aren't recruiting people with jet experience. They want to see just decent instrument scanning skills.

ok thanks mate ! We'll see how that will go...

​​​​​​Best of luck to you

​​​

Hoodie220
1st Sep 2018, 14:29
Did anybody get the results of the theoretical test (27 of August) ?

suncruiser650
6th Sep 2018, 10:01
Yes, I have. I passed:). Why don't you give them a call?

Hoodie220
6th Sep 2018, 10:02
I passed too. Got the email on Sunday.

Banana Joe
6th Sep 2018, 12:52
You usually get the good news by email during the night between Saturday and Sunday. This was the case with me.

suncruiser650
6th Sep 2018, 15:51
Hey Banana,

Did you pass already al the phases of the selection?

Ramses II
7th Sep 2018, 10:50
Hi All, new on the forum here.

Going for the written theorethical test on 25th of september. I would appreciatie information about the questions. Been through the whole thread already so lets see whats new :).

Congratz for the men and/or women who successfully completed the test already!

Al05
7th Sep 2018, 12:10
Banana Joe

Hey please could you tell me what you got in the written test!!? I have it on the 13th (next week). It would help a lot thanks

Banana Joe
7th Sep 2018, 19:11
All the questions you can find in this thread. It seems they haven't changed much because they will further assess your knowledge with the technical interview. Same applies to the second stage.

Banana Joe
25th Sep 2018, 19:20
Recently I have received a few message requests, all of which I tried to reply to but PPRuNe blocked them as the system reckons the recipients' inboxes are full.

To cut it short, the questions reported in this thread were the actual questions I had in May. ACE The Technical Pilot interview is a good read to prepare for the first two steps.

APUHunter
1st Oct 2018, 11:22
Hi Folks !
Did anybody go to the last part of the process ? Psychotest ! Tips and Feedbacks would be appreciated ?

Thanks

riegercar
9th Oct 2018, 06:28
Hi guys,

Just passed the interview a few days ago.
Straight forward, Chief Pilot, Training Manager and Hr representative.
They asked me to introduce myself and some motivation questions followed by technical questions, do not hesitate to draw on the whiteboard behind you, this makes life easier. Questions were about holding ( entry, timing, buffer and obstacle clearance ), coffin corner, circling approach ( how to fly, protection area and g/a ).

RodrigueE
9th Oct 2018, 13:02
Hey guys,
I'm going to do the selection process for ASL Belgium and I was wondering the time between 2 stage of the selection process.. Is it 2 weeks ? 1 months ?

Thanks !

Banana Joe
9th Oct 2018, 16:44
It's a 4 stage process, the whole thing takes on average 3 months.

PapaTangoCharlie
12th Oct 2018, 16:16
RodrigueE

Hi ! It really depends on there need, for me it was :
1 month between application and step 1
2 weeks between step 1 & 2
2 weeks between step 2 & 3
2 Days between step 3 & 4.

But I was not availlable on certain dates they have proposed to me, so it could actually be much faster.

suncruiser650
15th Oct 2018, 09:21
Does anyone has some info about the psychological assesment? What can I expect during that day?

Paul1990
15th Oct 2018, 12:01
Hi folks

I am. Invited for the theory test end of the month. Is there somebody who recently did this one, and willing to share some valuable tips with me maybe?

Thank you all so. Much!

suncruiser650
16th Oct 2018, 13:18
Read the complete topic, you will find all the questions here:). Study these and you will pass.
Good luck!!

zztyled
16th Oct 2018, 13:51
So can anyone help with the psycho and sim assessment? Any tips would be appreciated!

Thanks

Hpilot1
17th Oct 2018, 10:11
Would also appreciate info on the psycho test, apparently there is an intellectual capacities test. Is this math spatial orientation and the likes ? I have trained with Skytest is this enough or is there a better way to train ?

anotherwanabee
21st Nov 2018, 17:48
Hello all, I can't tell for the psychometrics part. The small info I have from someone who did both the BQ at Eurowings and ASL is that he found it easier the one at ASL,
But the evalution with psychologist seems to be very thorough, there is also I have heard, a role play.

Do you have recent feedbacks from the sim ? it would be great to have some.
Here is the information I have from 2 different sources : you fly a full motion sim, seems that mainly manual flying is evaluated, PNF is one of your examiner. You have to fly a big pattern around the airport with radar vectors, then ILS, then going around then engine failure during the missed. In all : duration approx 15 min.

How do you prepare : I have heard there are FNPT in Bruxelles, would you go ?
Best of luck with your selection !

Banana Joe
21st Nov 2018, 19:55
That is accurate. The assessors will brief you on everything before the assessment starts, with pitch and power values. There are no surprises.

anotherwanabee
23rd Nov 2018, 14:10
Thanks Banana Joe,
Just one more info maybe if you know :
Do we fly have to fly with the flight director or not ?

Banana Joe
23rd Nov 2018, 17:01
Raw data, that is without A/P, F/D and A/T.

angle_of_defense
26th Nov 2018, 16:28
I'm sorry for replying to this 10 years after it was posted, but I just can't handle the doubt... Isn't the standard missed approach PDG 2,5% instead of 2,4% as stated here?
Thanks everyone and good luck applying at ASLAB. I'm attending the written theoretical test on the 28th of November!

riegercar
27th Nov 2018, 07:29
3 types of Missed Approach, the standard one is 2.5 %. The 2,4 % is related to the net climb gradient upon departure ( +0,8 safety ) witch gives you a 200 FT/Nm.

SimonVDK
27th Nov 2018, 07:53
Also, the discontinued approach climb gradiënt is 2.1 %.

angle_of_defense
27th Nov 2018, 10:03
So which one should be used for this exercise (and why)?

SimonVDK
27th Nov 2018, 11:48
The 2,5% I think since it's the standard climb gradient

Paul1990
27th Nov 2018, 18:11
Today I heard that I passed the interview. Next week I have my simulator session. Does somebody have some valuable information and tips what I can expect maybe? Would be really appriciated 😃

riegercar
28th Nov 2018, 07:06
It's straight forward, you are on the runway , normal take-off with level off on the axis, then downwind base and final ILS followed by a go-around engine out level off.

It's a good atmosphere, they just wanna see your scan and how you handle the 737.

Have fun ! The Full Motion system is amazing :)

anotherwanabee
3rd Dec 2018, 12:43
Hi, regarding the Sim, I have a question about the aircraft : if it is possible to fully configure before glide/loc capture to slow down things and ease the approach ? Would you do so ?

Banana Joe
4th Dec 2018, 11:38
You aren't expected to know how to do a low drag/low noise approach, that's more something for the line training. You will get a short but extensive briefing on power and pitch values and suggested configuration changes. There will be no surprise in the sim and they will do their best to make you feel at ease so you can give your best. Good luck.

riegercar
4th Dec 2018, 11:49
Gear down flaps 15 glide alive , then 1 dot flaps 30 and you catch the glide and start your descent .

Really easy

riegercar
7th Dec 2018, 13:09
APUHunter

As far as I can see here there is no reply for the psychotest.

The test occurs in Maastricht, expect full day ( 6 hrs ) , a lot of personal questions to start with followed by an interview with a Psy.
Then kind of IQ test : Spatial orientation, Planning , Math & Logical sequences ...
You end up the day with a communication skills' test ( talking to the cpt about your personnal feeling of the last flights ).

Cheers

anotherwanabee
13th Dec 2018, 07:15
Hello all, I went through the test in Maastricht recently.
I confirm what riegercar stated above.
For the communication test it is all about you, the decision is not what they are looking for but really how you come to this decision.This exercise takes 10min.
I was surprised by the level of difficulty of some psychometrics tests. Some are really doable (orientation : you have a map and have to tell where is a town located according to another location. Or you have a PFD and you have to find the corresponding aircraft attitude).
But then the capacity tests (IQ tests) were hard times for me.. Maybe I will be rejected because of that.. Did it happen to one of you ?

Then they grade every results, and write a summery of your performance. they send the report to you first to ask you for the authorisation to transmit it to ASL.
The report come with a recommandation for ASL to wich degree you can fit into an FO position (for instrance Favorable, neutral, defavorable).

Hope it helps.

zztyled
14th Dec 2018, 08:54
I think the average person has difficulties with those IQ tests, so it’s easier to see who is above average. But I don’t believe they will fail you because of that. They don’t look for superhumans I suppose.

I have been waiting for over a month now for that feedback, but still nothing. I sent a mail recently and I have been told they are still working on it. Anyone knows why this takes so long?

Greetings

anotherwanabee
14th Dec 2018, 17:05
Hello zztyled, thanks for your reply.
I am surprised with your situation, it must be hard to wait all this time, I can't imagine 1 mounth and no feedback :( . You maybe have to check with them again by phone : when I was doing the interview in Maastricht I was told that the report should be available at the latest one week later.

Genesis5
14th Dec 2018, 18:43
For those wondering why the process takes a while. I personnally had to wait 3 weeks after having completed all stages before finally getting the news. Bear in mind that the boarding has to go through your entire report before making a final decision. Lots of candidates are being screened at the moment hence the long waiting time. Best of luck to everyone running for the job.

anotherwanabee
8th Jan 2019, 10:40
Hello. After the selection process, do ASLB declines a lot of people among those who passed the 4 steps ?
Or is there a waiting list for those who passed the tests but were not prefered for immediate employment ?
Cheers

citynight
23rd Jan 2019, 10:11
Hello,

Anyone knows if they still hold interviews?
I applied mid/end December.

anotherwanabee
25th Jan 2019, 14:43
I dont't know for sure but I doubt it for the following mounth. What I can tell you is that in the moment the do not seem in a hurry to call for pilots.
Do someone here got recently offered a job at ASLB ?

SimonVDK
3rd Mar 2019, 08:00
How about this month?

riegercar
15th Mar 2019, 10:25
nothing , do you have news ?

Banana Joe
15th Mar 2019, 11:11
Recruitment stopped, now there is an excess of FO's to cover upcoming upgrades and fleet transfers.

SimonVDK
15th Mar 2019, 13:55
Dare I ask for any prospects regarding the near future, maybe the rest of this year? Next year? Any info on that, if you have it?

Thank you

Banana Joe
15th Mar 2019, 16:13
Hard to predict. It depends on retirements (not many in the near future AFAIK) and pilots leaving to other airlines. A few are leaving for Air France and KLM, but the airline provides a great quality of life for locals, thus the situation should be stable.

Saffa_pilot
20th Sep 2019, 11:08
Good day, does anyone know if Asl takes DEC’s or would be taking in the next few years? If someone working there would be so kind as to pm me, that would be great too! Thanks!

WestonFlyer
24th Jun 2021, 06:33
I’ve been applying to ASL for years now. I’ve got the rating and the experience, but I’ve never even got a response from their HR.

How did everyone get interviews and where did you apply?

Banana Joe
24th Jun 2021, 08:50
https://www.aslairlines.be/aslJobs

Keep applying and hopefully one day you'll be called. They have had thousand of applicants and selections are ongoing.

P40Warhawk
1st Jul 2021, 15:08
Hi All,

I was wondering, will the assessment process be the same via Contract Agency as from ASL Directly? I cannot imagine that via Agency you also have to travel 4 times. Especially in present Covid times. Usually, there are 4 separate days for the assessment.

But if so, I was wondering regarding the Psychometric tests.
1What is there to expect? What kind of exact tests?

2 How to prepare with which software?

3 Any difference between being rated and not during the Assessment? I am B737 Rated with hours on type.

MostAnnoying
2nd Mar 2022, 14:20
Hey folks,

I have been invited to the Rated 737 assessment. Tomorrow… have been studying my a** off and preparing questions of HR, reading the manual for any technical B737 questions. Short notice, I know, but cannot find anything regarding the rated assessment. I have an interview tomorrow on teams, scheduled for simulator next week and the psycho in 2 weeks.

thomavia
12th Apr 2022, 15:37
Hey folks,

I have been invited to the Rated 737 assessment. Tomorrow… have been studying my a** off and preparing questions of HR, reading the manual for any technical B737 questions. Short notice, I know, but cannot find anything regarding the rated assessment. I have an interview tomorrow on teams, scheduled for simulator next week and the psycho in 2 weeks.

Hi MostAnnoying

Could you please give us a feedback of your selection process with ASLB ?
Is it still a four steps process ?

Thanks

squidie
12th Apr 2022, 19:47
Anyone know if this carrier is actively recruiting? Ideally for low hours / NTR?

Flying Clog
13th Apr 2022, 07:19
Yes, they are actively recruiting. High hours and type rated. Captains only I believe. On piss poor pay if you take Belgian tax into account though. Better gigs out there.

Frenchie777
26th Apr 2022, 09:57
Hi there,

Been invited for a simulator assessment earlier this month, still no news (so I hope good news).
It went very fast: take-off, level off 3000ft, vectors for ILS 25R in Brussels, descend 2500ft, Ils raw data, visual at approx. 500ft, G/A at approx 200ft, engine failure, level off 1500ft. The UP speed was 210kts for a weight of about 52T.
I'm a 737 F/O relatively low on hours (about 300).
Does anyone know/have feedbacks about the next steps? If there is a mean prepare for it?

Have a nice day!

freeagle211
26th Apr 2022, 14:10
hi, Frenchie 777.
Please, any feedback about the Psychological assessment? it will be appreciated.

Frenchie777
26th Apr 2022, 14:13
I have not yet been to that stage of the selection, the sim assessment was the first step for me.

Airone2977
29th Apr 2022, 09:19
Oh that's odd, they usualy give feedback (positive or negative) within a day for TR candidats.

Frenchie777
29th Apr 2022, 18:13
I finally received the positive answer almost 1 week after, but because I asked! Haha
"No news, good news" was the answer!
Next step for me is the psychological test in the Netherlands

ImperialPilot
4th May 2022, 16:53
I finally received the positive answer almost 1 week after, but because I asked! Haha
"No news, good news" was the answer!
Next step for me is the psychological test in the Netherlands
Congratulations, I have also been invited for a sim on a 737 classic. Do you have any feedbacks on what they're looking for during the assessment ?
How can I prepare ?
Do you have an Instructor on the left hand seat ?
What kind of exercice are they doing ? Everyone got the same "pattern"?

Thank you a lot

Frenchie777
5th May 2022, 11:20
Congratulations, I have also been invited for a sim on a 737 classic. Do you have any feedbacks on what they're looking for during the assessment ?
How can I prepare ?
Do you have an Instructor on the left hand seat ?
What kind of exercice are they doing ? Everyone got the same "pattern"?

Thank you a lot

Hi!
Regarding the pattern you'll have to fly, I detailed it few messages before, nothing extraordinary... I believe they are more focusing on your basic (raw data) flying skills, procedure-wise, they don't really care... Just do not wait too long before configuring when you are on final, glide interception is made at 2500ft and it's CAT I weather. But difficult to say what they are looking for since they almost don't say a word during the exercise (except of course to explain a bit the classic, what they are going to ask you etc...).
It's only 15 minutes! And I believe everyone got the same pattern indeed.
Yes you have an instructor on the LHS and it is Vincent, the chief pilot B737. He is the one giving the introduction on the 737 classic.
To prepare, the best in my opinion is X-Plane with the 737 classic payware from IXEG (personally I bought it long before I applied to ASL because I did part of my training on the CAE 737 classic sim and I find it quite representative of the real simulator). But if you don't have it yet and don't have a budget for that, I would suggest to fly raw data as much as you can on your next flights if you're already flying a 737, that's also something I did.
If you have other question, feel free to ask!

AdeCarimentrant
14th May 2022, 12:25
Hello ImperialPilot ! Do you have any feedback on your sim assessment please ? How did you prepare it ? I have read instructive answer of Frenchie777 but don't get any sim and not TR. Thanks to you in advance

Sergio Teruel
1st Aug 2022, 19:21
Hello everybody !

Anyone been recently called for an NTR FO assessment ? Any feedback for the psychological assessment at Maastricht ?

Thanks !

Nono413
2nd Aug 2022, 15:50
hi everybody

does anyone know if they are hiring ab initio FO?
is it the same tests?
thx

Yoyo07
17th Oct 2022, 20:17
Hi all !

I'm looking for a partner to practice the Sim assessment at ASLB. I expect to do it at Brussel (CAE). If interested just send a message.

thx!

Babaero
19th Oct 2022, 16:07
Hi all !

Is there anyone who has already booked a 737-CL sim session at CAE Brussels on November 16 and is looking for a sim partner?

Let me know!
Thks

Aperture
22nd Feb 2023, 09:42
Hi everyone,

I got invited for the simulator assesment on March 7th for ASL. Anyone interested to book a 737 CL sim session at CAE Brussels?

rbg66
3rd Mar 2023, 21:43
Hi everyone,

Any feedback for the psychological assessment at Maastricht ?

Thanks !

Nono413
5th Mar 2023, 13:50
Hi ,

Could anyone please tell me if There is a specific requirement to apply ?
I sent my application via the website on Ocotober 2022 and still nothing !

Could someone make a feedback regarding assessement please

regards

Enigma01
23rd Mar 2023, 11:52
Anybody got an idea about the salary (net) for FO 737 non rated. The data from PPJN is rather outdated.

tx

Egurre
25th Apr 2023, 07:19
Anyone interested to book a practice Sim before the next assessment 12th May? I expect to do it at Brussel (CAE). If interested just send a message.

airGone
3rd May 2023, 09:20
Anyone interested to book a practice Sim before the next assessment 12th May? I expect to do it at Brussel (CAE). If interested just send a message.
I just sent you a message Egurre but your mailbox seems full. If anyone else is interested in sharing a session on 10 or 11 May please let me know.

quentinvgb
6th May 2023, 18:29
I just sent you a message Egurre but your mailbox seems full. If anyone else is interested in sharing a session on 10 or 11 May please let me know.
Be carefull,a friend of mine was invited for interview few months ago (failed) and reported me that if you train at CAE for the Sim you are blacklisted,not sure if true....

Airone2977
8th May 2023, 08:19
Be carefull,a friend of mine was invited for interview few months ago (failed) and reported me that if you train at CAE for the Sim you are blacklisted,not sure if true....
Hard to believe.
There isn't a lot of 737CL sim available for training, and lot of guy's go there for preparation. I know someone, who I help during the selection and he used the CAE sim. He's know finishing his TR with the company.