PDA

View Full Version : D check - VH-VXI

ozziekiwi
22nd Aug 2017, 22:01
Silly question I know, I have been watching Qantas Ready for Take Off series 2 on DVD and wondering when VH-VXI had its D check at the QF Engineering base in Brisbane.

Can anyone help me with the date please ??

Many thanks in advance.

Ozziekiwi

patty50
23rd Aug 2017, 02:24
The Qantas Source has dates for most maintenance downtime

May 25 to May 31 2016 she was in Brisbane

http://theqantassource.com/tag/vh-vxi/

ozziekiwi
23rd Aug 2017, 04:09
The Qantas Source has dates for most maintenance downtime

May 25 to May 31 2016 she was in Brisbane

VH-VXI | The QANTAS Source (http://theqantassource.com/tag/vh-vxi/)

Thanks so much for your reply but I am sure it would take a lot longer than that for a 'D' check. That may have been for the configuration change that it had last year.

I do appreciate your reply and thanks so much

Ozziekiwi

ozziekiwi
23rd Aug 2017, 04:19
I checked the Qantas Source and can't see when it would have had its D check, maybe they filmed it going into the hangar and then filmed another aircraft having a D check, you never know - what with smoke and mirrors lol !!!!!

The reason that I asked is because I have a particular interest in this aircraft.
It bears the name 'Oodnadatta' and I despatched this aircraft many times in AKL
over the years before QF went to another ground handler. I asked a few pilots
who were flying it that day where this place was in Australia and none of them knew.
I eventually found out by other means where it was.

Just a curiosity thing and thanks again guys

Ozziekiwi

Capn Bloggs
23rd Aug 2017, 05:35
I asked a few pilots who were flying it that day where this place was in Australia and none of them knew.
You should have asked an Aussie... :)

ozziekiwi
23rd Aug 2017, 10:32
He says - tongue in cheek - each one I asked were Aussies and none of them
knew where it was - LOL !!!!

gerry111
23rd Aug 2017, 13:28
I asked a few pilots
who were flying it that day where this place was in Australia and none of them knew.

Oh dear!

If ya fly over Marree (YMRE) in South OZ, then turn towards Trevor Town (YWMC), ya eventually get to Oodnadatta. :)

Oodnadatta
24th Aug 2017, 01:46
You should have asked me...:ok:;)

Lead Balloon
24th Aug 2017, 02:14
Lucky it was built next to a track with the same name, otherwise people could be confused.

Google "atlas" and buy one of those. :}

ozziekiwi
24th Aug 2017, 02:19
Thanks to all of you who responded - especially Oodnadatta - The riddle has been solved. I looked at more of the DVD this morning and it indeed was smoke and mirrors - VH-VXI went into heavy maintenance in BNE and VH-XYB came out of its D check in BNE some months later purporting to be the same aircraft that went in. It actually entered heavy maintenance on 30 May 2016 and came out again 12 July 2016. Thanks to you all again

Ozziekiwi