PDA

View Full Version : zimex recrutment

stillpilot
22nd Aug 2017, 10:49
Hello, does anyone has informations about Zimex assessment process, kind of test etc....?
Thank you for your help

191sos
23rd Aug 2017, 05:36
Hi stillpilot, recruitment process in Zimex is a day in Zurich, where you write a test, a sim assessment a B58 sim and an interview with Flightops Manager and HR.

stillpilot
23rd Aug 2017, 15:42
thanks 191sos any informations about that test?

191sos
25th Aug 2017, 12:48
I think it's a mix of General knowledge-Ops and technical for the specific type you apply, if rated.

KeepCalm
28th Aug 2017, 09:03
Do you know if they'd hire someone with 1000TT, no turbine or bush exp?
Thanks

maxrated
28th Aug 2017, 13:34
Still Pilot.

Kindly note that the Zurich Interview is non technical, its more like a "getting to know you" interview, past experience company's worked for etc. It's generally a pleasant day trip to Zurich with good coffee and nice people around you.

The company recognizes generally that the average Zimex pilot will NOT have to think faster than 160 knots in most cases and therefore the typical NASA astronaut, jet fighter pilot, space shuttle commander, high speed aerodynamics interviews, so favored by other slow turboprop operators, are specifically not part of the Zimex interview process.

It's more important that the company feels that you would be a good guy (or girl) and fit in with the other people that you will work, fly and live with, on contract in 3rd world country's, although this has not necessarily precluded some slightly dysfunctional individuals with limited aeronautical prowess, from making it through the selection process in the past.

Fortunately such people are in the minority and most of the folks you will encounter in the company are awesome people who love flying and have fun while they work.

The Zimex simm ride should be no problem for anyone with an ICAO PPL IF rating, even pilots with EASA COM/ATP IF ratings shouldn't struggle too much to get through it either.

Pilots who do perform poorly on their IF assessments are sent to fly on the NGO projects in Sudan, where most of the flying is day VFR anyway, so don't worry if you screw up on the initial IF assessment, its not a deal breaker by any means.

Generally the company does not take guys without type ratings, but then stranger things than that, happen all the time in the company so go ahead and apply.

Good luck.

txfjetpump
28th Aug 2017, 19:16
Contract pilots like stable pay and stable rotations. How stable would you say their rosters are for crew? Do they pay penalty rates for contract extensions if the company requests an extension?
Thanks

KeepCalm
29th Aug 2017, 06:11
maxrated, thanks for the elaborated reply

John_Reid
29th Aug 2017, 08:42
Speed is relative and within limits it's just a number. Think "time to station" as opposed to speed then there is no real reason to get "up to speed", as you will be there already..

Sudan. The weather there, as anywhere, can turn very ugly within a short space of time, at certain periods of the year. Don't underestimate Africa.

maxrated
29th Aug 2017, 17:15
Dear John_Reid,

You taking my post way too seriously, kindly note that my post is simply my idle rambling between flights and in no way represents any serious company management opinion nor any aeronautical prowess on my behalf.

Propstop
29th Aug 2017, 21:46
Having worked for ZIMEX for a portion of my working life all I can say is that they are a great company to work for. Your colleagues will generally be great people from amazing backgrounds and you will form lifelong friendships with them.
The experiences and often hardships whilst on the posting usually bring out the best in each person and you form a cohesive team and get the job done.
Having worked in both war and peace time projects I have many wonderful memories, and sad ones from those times.

Luray
6th Sep 2017, 09:00
I applied a few times on their webpage but they never replied. I have a TR on beech 300/1900 with 50 hours on beech 300 and around 1k tt.

Wisers
13th Jan 2018, 14:47
Hello,
Would anyone have information for:
1-the most recent starting salary as a DEC on the TwinOtter who has experience in isolated areas, unprepared runways, time on types but needs to be retyped?

2-Is there any extra allowance (per diem) when ON rotation regardless of your operational base & how much is it?

3-Is there a health/medical insurance plan?

Thank You

Love PanAm
14th Jan 2018, 09:34
Do they accept FAA licences?
or EASA is a must?

Thanks!

Hawkeye0001
14th Jan 2018, 21:45
Essential Qualifications:

Must hold a current (European) EASA-FCL ATPL or EASA-FCL CPL issued by approved EASA-member state with valid instrument rating (IR) and class type rating for the aircraft position desired. For multi-engine aircraft, EASA-MCC and frozen EASA-ATPL (A) are required.
ICAO issued license holders with PIC time on type are also invited to apply.[/quote]

Source: Pilots (http://www.zimex.com/company-careers/careers/pilots/)

Pilotmax
19th Feb 2023, 12:09
Hi, there!

Does anyone participate to Zimex recruitment days recently? Do you know any info regarding the sim, the test or the interview? Thanks