PDA

View Full Version : bmibaby pull off CPH?

beekoy
15th Jul 2002, 15:53
I noticed today that bmibaby have removed CPH from their route map and booking tool.

Does anyone know if they've decided not to operate the route now?

Have they allocated capacity elsewhere? CWL for example?

Simon Lumley
16th Jul 2002, 11:18
Yes, you are right! I checked this morning and it has been scrapped. But I think I know why.

When the winter 2002/3 schedules were announed the Copenhagen route did not fit in anywhere. There would have been 3x Boeing 737-300s each doing 3 routes a day, where was this "fourth" aircraft (B737 or Fokker 1000 would have been doing only one flight a day, ie. Copenhagen (0955-1435).

So, I think they scrapped it because they haevm't got a spare aircraft. However, it may also be due to poor sales because they must have the odd Fokker aircraft laying about, like for this summer, eg. Faro, Prague and Murcia routes use a F100 aircraft predominantly for their routes. Though, they are being increased to a Boeing 737 this winter.

mmmmmmmmmm....... interesting Mr. Bond.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Electric Sky
17th Jul 2002, 11:28
Simon .... I really do not know where you get all of your information from? Poor sales!!!!

I think you will find that Star Alliance partner SAS may have voiced a grievance to the route being in competition with their BHX-CPH.

ES ;)