ATCbabe
15th Jul 2002, 18:31
Excellent!!!:D :D

Bagheera
16th Jul 2002, 23:49
What aircraft type?

dundoniandean
17th Jul 2002, 16:40
ATR 42 according to the web-site. Aer Arann Express (http://www.aerarannexpress.com)

Loco Traveller
18th Jul 2002, 22:52
I hear that Galway - Stansted is to start in September and Dublin - Rennes is also rumoured. Well done Aer Arann on GWY/STN. Good luck on DUB/RNS - seems a strange city pairing. Is there a lot of ferry traffic between Ireland and Nothern France does anyone know? Perhaps an un-obvious industry link? Anyone shed any light on reasons for DUB/RNS?

Howz about a bit of friendly competition for BA from Aer Arann on DUB/NCL. That's a lonely route since Gill Airways went under. And the Irish contingent in LTN may appreciate a direct ORK service. If WAT can pull off a twice a day LTN service - then ORK defo can. and INV could do with a DUB service. As could NWI and HUY.

Anyone agree or disagree?

Go loco!

dundoniandean
22nd Jul 2002, 21:46
It seems that Aer Arann are filling in a few spaces quite nicely. ORK/EDI should be a good route for them. As should GWY/STN.

I agree with the DUB/NCL route. Now that BA only use the Jetscream 41 because of the lack of competition, I think the presence of an Aer Arann ATR would soon see the passenger choose wisely. I believe Gill Airways ATR's were giving the Brymon Dash 8s a run for their money on the route when they competed, just like they did on NCL/BHD. BA left Gill to the route after about 12 or so months of miserable loads. Need to keep the fares reasonable thought mind! They would poss nick a lot of leisure traffic from Ryanair at Tees-side if that were the case. Ryanair have recently increased frequency on MME/DUB at weekends - probably because of the poor service by BA from NCL.

As for Dublin - Rennes. It does seem an unusual pairing. Must be a reason behind that one. Perhaps ferry traffic is substantial?

Luton - Cork could well be a fabbo route. Waterford is much smaller than Cork and like you say, it manages 2 daily rotations.

:p

Whalerider
22nd Jul 2002, 23:26
Since 9/11 CityFlyer / BA have gone from 4 RJ100 a day to zero - rather odd as very high load factors. Obviously not enough bus pax.
Suggest Aer Arran could do very well on this route - even twice a day with ATRs.

ATCbabe
19th Aug 2002, 13:01
The service started today :D :D

Would just like to say good luck and hope it all works out well.
Wonder if I can sort out a holiday to Cork now .......;)