PDA

View Full Version : People Like Us Documentary this evening.

FlapsOne
15th Jul 2002, 11:12
Just a short note for anyone who may have missed this fabulous documentary last year.

Tonight (15 July) on the cable channel PLAY UK (NTL cable channel 607 - don't know what channel it would be for other digital customers!) at 21:15 BST is a repeat of the hilariously funny people like us spoof documentary about the Airline Pilot.

For anybody saw this program before this is a must-see repeat. For anybody who missed out the first time I can only recommend that you watch, or get somebody to record, this side splittingly funny spoof fly on the wall documentary about airline crews in general, but pilots in particular.

Regular PPRUNErs will doubtless recall the equally hilarious outburst the following day from one of our members who, having completely misunderstood the comic nature of the program, launched a tirade of abuse aimed at the journalist's lack of professionalism in broadcasting the program.

I cannot recommend highly enough
:D :D :D

4PON4PIN
15th Jul 2002, 11:32
This should be compulsory viewing for anybody who is remotely interested in aeroplanes. Essential that you tape it 'cos you will miss too much on casual viewing. Gawd knows how many times I have watched it and I still find it exceptionally funny. Brilliantly researched and acted. One of my favourite bits is when the actors "lose it" during captain's safety brief. ( Ranks alongside "Don't tell them Pike!)
Miss it at your peril.:D

15th Jul 2002, 11:56
Flaps one,thanks for letting us know,i"ve only seen it once and have been waiting for it to air again. Videos at the ready.

Shore Guy
15th Jul 2002, 12:00
Is there a tape of this available for purchase for those of us in the U.S.?

flite idol
15th Jul 2002, 13:12
I saw an episode of this show for the first time on PBS ch13 in the DFW area on saturday night! It was the estate agent spoof. I will have to keep a close eye on it for the airline episode, hopefully it will make it over here, but with the hypersensitivity re the biz at the mo it may not!

con-pilot
15th Jul 2002, 16:00
Me too please, as in getting copies of the show “People Like Us.” The only Brit comedies we get in Oklahoma are “Are You Being Served, Keeping Up Appearances, Remember When and Vicar of Dibly.” Occasionally on “BBA America” I can catch “Father Ted”, old reruns of “Monty Python” and a few other comedy shows.

flapsforty
15th Jul 2002, 18:25
Falps on a begging mission:
Anyone who could tape & send it?
I would of course re-imburse you! :D

Gin Slinger
15th Jul 2002, 19:51
f40 - check your email!

uffington sb
15th Jul 2002, 20:57
Flaps,
Thanks for the heads up, just finished watching it. I missed first time round, very funny but how could anyone think it was for real!!!!

Cheers:)

Baldie Man
15th Jul 2002, 21:28
Late call here for those who missed it - repeated again at 1205BST.

BayAreaLondoner
16th Jul 2002, 17:40
For those in the US, BBC America showed both series last year. Seems to be in rotation (as is pretty much everything on BBC America).