PDA

View Full Version : UK Pilot to get visa for bizz jet job in the US possible?

Topgun737
11th Aug 2017, 18:00
Hello guys,

I'm a UK citizen flying a 737 for a living in Europe. Someone in the US is offering me a job to fly a bizz jet (charter ops). That someone is happy to apply for my working visa however I wonder what the chances are of it actually being approved?

After some digging on google I understand that an E-visa for employment requires the approval of the Department of Labor in the US. In order to get approved the employer has to prove that there is an insufficient number of qualified applicants in the US to do that job.

I'm told there's a shortage of guys there however I don't know if that's enough merit to be approved. If however they said they needed a pilot with certain hours and other qualifications (which I have) perhaps including being fluent in another certain language, would that then be enough to get approved?

I've heard of a number of instructors in flight schools kicking about without green cards but is there any guys in the US at all flying charter or for the airlines that have employment visas and no green cards?

Big Thanks!

SteamDials
12th Aug 2017, 09:53
It will most likely be an EB-3. -- No suitable US citizen found to fill the position.

Second language cannot be a requirement.

Could potentially work if EU registered aircraft needed EU pilot, to which there were no US pilots apply.

Topgun737
13th Aug 2017, 08:54
So could an EB-3 be granted for a non-US citizen to fly N-reg aircraft with an appropriate FAA license?

I'm told there is a shortage of guys there at the moment. Not sure if it's bad enough though.

SteamDials
14th Aug 2017, 14:09
The employer would have to prove there are no US job applicants suitable.
ie advertise for the job; record and interview applicants, or prove there lack of.

Topgun737
20th Aug 2017, 14:17
I see, thanks for info!

HEMS driver
21st Aug 2017, 12:48
There is absolutely no shortage of qualified pilots in the U.S. If a charter company wants to hire you, that is likely because they are a bottom feeder and want someone cheap. These companies often violate the regulations, but when caught, it is the PIC that suffers the consequences, not the owner.

I suspect that this potential employer is in south Florida.