PDA

View Full Version : B.E Phase 3 Dec 10th

skysoarer
29th Nov 2001, 04:18
Oh come on those diagrams wern't that bad in the mech comp paper! Ok they wern't great but there was just enough to make out and make a pseudo-educated-guess...
No I don't have a PHD in Maths or Physics but I do have A-levels ... and I did get an invite to Phase 3 SomehoW... !

BUT ... can anybody shed any light on this interview lark. i.e. questions asked and particularly what the heck "various technical aspects" means!!!

Any help/advice very much appreciated, especially from applicants who applied last yesr. If you can help please email direct if possible to [email protected] .

Not too worried about the Pilapt test as I sat it a few years back .. except the spatial orientation test ... "Which hand has the blue circle?" ... "You have 3 seconds to choose" .... :eek:

Many thanks in advance;

Sky

PS: Yes I know this is a clone of my other posting but I need help! HELP!null

skysoarer
30th Nov 2001, 04:17
Hmmm ... as stumped as I am eh?

BTW: Why does it say 'null' at the end of my post above? :confused:

flying high
1st Dec 2001, 22:02
i must say that i am as confused as you skysoarer. if you have found out any more useful information would you be able to forward it to me also at [email protected]
much appreciated!

jetset pete
2nd Dec 2001, 18:26
From my now hazy memory of stage 3 last year i remember 3 parts: morrisby tests, pilapt and the interview. of the 3 i remember the interview to be the least pressurised element. 2 interviewers, boss of the school and another chap who chatted to you for approx 20-30 mins in a relatively informal atmosphere. Call me cynical but I think some of the interview's purpose was merely to find out if daddy had the required funds to pay for the course. Before anyone comments, yes i was rejected at this stage but hold no bitterness i promise you. In terms of tech knowledge required i found it to be small - a reading of flyer/flight etc would be fine - the only specific tech question being what did eicas or efis stand for i think. Certain crm scenarios were put to me but only of the type that are quoted in these forums regularly.
Of the days testing i found the pilapt to be very short on time and certainly harder than BA's equiavalent. The morrisby tests are unusual, and having since investigated further into these types of tests i have found that it really isnt worth trying to second guess the answer, and to excel in certain areas would even be a detriment to your flying case. So, good luck, and i admire your bravery in being prepared to spend a sizeable ammount of cash at this moment.
Pete
OOh -i forgot. May be worth contacting BE to get some details as to their fleet, routes, structure, ceo etc. and take a read of their in flight mag - could be a few brownie points for you.

[ 02 December 2001: Message edited by: jetset pete ]

[ 02 December 2001: Message edited by: jetset pete ]

skysoarer
5th Dec 2001, 03:36
Pete;

Thanks for the post. Tried to email you only to encounter the fact that you don't list it here... (can't say I blame you!) ...

Some useful tips there ... although I haven't the foggiest idea how to get their current in-flight magazine short of buying a ticket!

It certainly is the interview worrying me rather than the aptitudes. BTW I have been attempting to get some up-to-date info from BE themselves only to be bounced around their switchboard like a ping-pong! Getting late now damn it ... its less than a week away... :|

Regards;

Sky

denisbergkamp1
5th Dec 2001, 14:43
Skysoarer,

I am also having problems getting hold of information about BE. Their website gives a reasonable amount of info and I have got hold of thier timetable (just a hard copy of what is on the website). As far as the interview goes I am as uncertain as you as what to expect, please let me know if you have any more information. I noticed on your original thread that you have Stage 3 on the 10th of December, I've got mine on the 11th, I presume this means they are running two days.
All the best.

Waypoint9

flying high
5th Dec 2001, 20:16
dont worry too much about the interview guys, its pretty informal, from what i understand you dont need to know everything about BE just briefly how it started and its fleet etc. They dont, and cant expect you to know everything, as long as you can show that you know about the airline and can show an interest. You need to know about the airline more for phase 4!!(if any of us make it!!)
Good Luck anyway!
See you there!

Propellerhead
6th Dec 2001, 22:26
Evening all, I did the JEA selection a couple of years ago, and from what I remember, JetsetPete has described it accurately. You can find out more about morrisby tests at their website. The Pilapt tests were quite hard (even though I'd already done most of them for the UAS). As you say, right arm green etc,. flying through boxes, and a really hrad spatial test. Incidentally I dis really badly at the spatial test, but still went through.

The interview is informal. I believe they did ask 'what do you know about JEA?' so gen. up on them. The web and aviation magazines should provide enough info.

Best of luck, and if you get through, Raw Data's your man to ask - he hepled me tremendously.

skysoarer
12th Dec 2001, 03:26
Your right ... that interview wasn't too bad ... quite enjoyable actually! Plus to my surprise I found the Pilapt thingie easier than I remembered it ... but that 'flight sim' at the end is awful (Control wise anyway...) .

Fingers crossed for Friday ... when the letter should arrive.

Good luck to all! BTW: There are 3 Phase 3 days with around 8 people each giving 24 total which shall be narrowed down to around half that.

Regards;

Sky

flying high
13th Dec 2001, 02:11
must admit i didnt find the interview as bad as i was expecting, although i dont know exactly what they were looking for, and difficult to tell how well it went.
I believe that they are only recommending 10 to go forward from this stage for the final interview so good luck everyone.
I dont know about the other days but on Tuesday I met some real nice guys, and girls and i would just like to say hello to you all!
We should all know by Monday anyway hopefully so fingers crossed. :confused: