PDA

View Full Version : BA Dreamliner - economy

minstermineman
8th Aug 2017, 14:04
So - I guess it is the accountants specifying cabin interiors these days, but why do BA think their economy class seating and layout is acceptable - I expect no-one in charge of the layout or seat design has ever had the misfortune to suffer this seating.

Seats too narrow even for children, legroom - what legroom? you get your meal - on a tray which will not fit the tray table, but just slides around, and you cant eat it properly anyway as you cant move your arms far enough to eat!

I am not tall - a mere 5' 8" in old money and it was literally a painful experience.

The worst seating I have had the pleasure to ever experience, on my flight by BA from LHR to Montreal and back.

The legroom and seating from Manchester to LHR was so much better.

Heathrow Harry
8th Aug 2017, 14:18
All new BA Economy seats have literally been a real pain in the a**** for the last 3 years IMHO - anything over 2 hours is torture

ExXB
8th Aug 2017, 15:24
Seriously other than to earn or burn miles why would anyone fly BA? Bloody Awful describes it. Cabin crew and those guys in the pointy end seem OK, but customer service is a joke.

Mid Life Crisis
9th Aug 2017, 19:18
I don't think it's just B.A.
I have just booked BKK return with Emirates on the A380. I would have loved to fly the 787, but had a look at the reviews first. All the airlines seem to be 10 abreast seats in economy and all have the same problems as you describe.
I'm steering well clear.

ZFT
9th Aug 2017, 21:45
TG were still 9 abreast last time I was in a 787 (not that long ago)

Andy_S
10th Aug 2017, 07:27
I would have loved to fly the 787, but had a look at the reviews first. All the airlines seem to be 10 abreast seats in economy......

All of the major airlines with 787's have a 9 abreast (3-3-3) economy configuration.

Are you maybe confusing it with the 777? Which is mostly (but not always) 10 abreast?

DaveReidUK
10th Aug 2017, 08:04
Yes, typically with seats around 17" width.

You would have to take two inches out of that to accommodate a 10-abreast layout, which is why it isn't going to happen.

Mid Life Crisis
10th Aug 2017, 11:07
Yes, my mistake 9 it is.
Still wouldn't fly it in economy though. If I'm flying 10 hours+ I expect enough room to eat and sit comfortably even in economy.