PDA

View Full Version : EASA Practical Skills Test on a Sim

cheja
8th Aug 2017, 10:16
Hello to the board !

I am doing the 14 exams Ground School, embarking on my FAA ATP to EASA conversion (I am from the EU, but been flying so far with FAA ATP license overseas).

My questions are about the EASA Practical Skills Test on a Sim.

I am rated on G200 and LRJET, have more than all the ATPL and MCC flight time required hours, etc.

But wanna hear any experiences or details about how is the process of actually taking the Practical Skills Test on an EASA approved sim & examiner.

As far as I know there are none Learjets (35/55) or G200 sims in Europe, so I guess have to undertake this with Flightsafety or CAE in the USA, with EASA examiners.

EASA states that you can do it on any sim you are rated on your ICAO/FAA License.

Do you have to be current also ? (I am current on the G200 but expired on the LRJET, but all my MCC time (the mandatory required over 500 hs Multicrew) are on Lears.

Any opinions, advice, redirection where to ask, are welcome.

Lepo
8th Aug 2017, 21:11
You need to be current at least in one of the two types in order to convert your FAA ATP into an EASA ATPL.

You'll do the sim skill test on the aircraft you're current, so it would be the G200.

It does not pose any problem that most of your Multicrew hours are on the Learjets, but your test will be on the G200 sim. When finally done you'll also have the G200 rating on your EASA ATPL.

I'd recommend contacting CAE or Flight Safety to see whether they have approved EASA examiners available for the G200 sim.

cheja
9th Aug 2017, 05:53
Thanks a lot for clarifying Lepo !