PDA

View Full Version : New Southwest record 408 TFP in July

JT12345
8th Aug 2017, 02:57
Stands up pretty good to the wide body carrots.

sheikhitup
8th Aug 2017, 04:42
Care to translate that for us non swa pilots?

JT12345
8th Aug 2017, 19:19
Care to translate that for us non swa pilots?

If it was a CA at max pay it would be,
$218/TFP hr x 408 TFP hours = 89k for July.

TFP is slighty different than typical credit hours. Most pilots in the U.S. know it is close to pay hours. TFP is approxiamtly 12% to 14% of credit hours. Just apples to oranges.

Seems like a lot of guys want the widebody international. I get it. Just be careful what you wish for. The grass may or may not be greener.

This kinda of thing is not as aparrent when all you do is look at pay scales.

MarkerInbound
9th Aug 2017, 02:36
204 Houston turns in a month?

sheikhitup
15th Aug 2017, 20:21

TFP is slighty different than typical credit hours. Most pilots in the U.S. know it is close to pay hours. TFP is approxiamtly 12% to 14% of credit hours. Just apples to oranges.

Seems like a lot of guys want the widebody international. I get it. Just be careful what you wish for. The grass may or may not be greener.

Thats pretty darn good for a 737 CA. Most likely a one off month though with some vacation buyback then picking up trips or something.. But still very good. I've heard of guys cracking 500k at SWA although you have to be senior and have basically no life at home to do it. Apparently at Delta one MD88 Capt in ATL was over 700k:eek: I was thinking about coming to emirates, but the pay is just not there for me. They are nowhere near what the Chinese airlines are offering in terms of pay and schedules. I could make at ups/delta/fedex/swa as a year 2 or 3 FO what their top captains make. (not counting the free housing or limo service or education allowance). That along with them blocking around 100 hrs a month every month is just too much work for not enough pay. If they don't have recruitment and retention problems now, surely they will in the next few years if they don't alter their pay and quality of life as the global pilot shortage ramps up.

JT12345
21st Aug 2017, 17:35

5 days off

84 block

Flying with a Reserve pilot that did 145 trips in July.

JT12345
21st Aug 2017, 17:48
204 Houston turns in a month?

In your Troll language...
To make this kinda cash you need to average 5 to 6 trips for every 1 hour of bock.
408/5=82 hours block. 82/26 days of work is 3.2 Houston to Dallas legs a day. His 84 actual block hours divided by 26 days of work is 3.2 dal to hou legs that this 408 pilot would have to do each day he worked.

Enjoy going to bed at 2am eastern time and getting up for work at 2am eastern time 24 hours later for international trips. And the life expectancy like a FedEx pilot. Knock on wood.

Talk about wanting to vomit.

JT12345
21st Aug 2017, 17:52
Thats pretty darn good for a 737 CA. Most likely a one off month though with some vacation buyback then picking up trips or something.. But still very good. I've heard of guys cracking 500k at SWA although you have to be senior and have basically no life at home to do it. Apparently at Delta one MD88 Capt in ATL was over 700k:eek: I was thinking about coming to emirates, but the pay is just not there for me. They are nowhere near what the Chinese airlines are offering in terms of pay and schedules. I could make at ups/delta/fedex/swa as a year 2 or 3 FO what their top captains make. (not counting the free housing or limo service or education allowance). That along with them blocking around 100 hrs a month every month is just too much work for not enough pay. If they don't have recruitment and retention problems now, surely they will in the next few years if they don't alter their pay and quality of life as the global pilot shortage ramps up.

It is a record with his 2 weeks vacation in July.

But not uncommon for pilots here to average over 200 to 300 trip pay hours every month of the year.