PDA

View Full Version : 'Welcome to our home'

SLF3
7th Aug 2017, 19:42
BA North Lounge, Terminal 5.

Piltdown Man
7th Aug 2017, 21:04
A sink installed by your average professional :mad: managed by a halfwit with a useless arts degree. I'm not even slightly surprised. That these people actually find the right house to home to at the end of the day surprises me.

S.o.S.
7th Aug 2017, 22:27
SLF3 Thanks for that, do you have a date when it was taken?

If others would like to post similarly ghastly pictures, with date, time and location that (if necessary) can be verified. We don't want to cry wolf, just show some real life as seen by Pax. Someone might notice ...

DaveReidUK
7th Aug 2017, 22:44
BA sinks to new depths ? :O

SLF3
8th Aug 2017, 06:19
Yesterday, men's toilets, North Lounge, T5. Take your pick, they are all like it.. First on the right as you go in the pan is coming off the wall, but that doesn't show up in a photograph. And they've been like it for months.

WHBM
9th Aug 2017, 00:52
Is the upkeep of T5 (and the other LHR terminals) not a Heathrow rather than BA responsibility?

DaveReidUK
9th Aug 2017, 08:15
That responsibility probably doesn't extend to airline lounges, which is what we're talking about n this instance.

WHBM
9th Aug 2017, 09:00
From a familiarity with the M&E (mechanical & electrical, ie plumbing and lights etc) maintenance contractors there, there is unlikely to be a separate maintenance organisation just for those elements in the lounge. Behind the walls and under the floor it's all common area.

My hunch is a minimalist HAL maintenance budget due to all spare cash being diverted to Madrid to pay off Ferrovial's over-the-top purchase price for the place.

G-ARZG
9th Aug 2017, 10:58
SLF...did you report it while there ? Or just save it for the Prune community ?

Hotel Tango
9th Aug 2017, 11:03
It will probably have more effect here!

DaveReidUK
9th Aug 2017, 11:19
My hunch is a minimalist HAL maintenance budget due to all spare cash being diverted to Madrid to pay off Ferrovial's over-the-top purchase price for the place.

Then you could argue that BA are equally at fault for not having a decent contract with HAL that ensures they get proper maintenance done in the areas that they rent.

ZFT
9th Aug 2017, 11:27
Someone has to check and sign off work surely?

SLF3
9th Aug 2017, 15:08
I have reported it on feedback forms and personally. This is not a one off, all the T5 North Lounge toilets are in a similar state, and have been for so long that they obviously think it is acceptable.

Now on the way home. The lounge is closed. £500 ticket for a 400 mile return flight. "Here is a £5 voucher."

Next week (despite inconvenient times) I'm going with someone else for less than half the price. My choice, not my companies. They are destroying their brand.

WHBM
9th Aug 2017, 15:23
Now on the way home. The lounge is closed. £500 ticket for a 400 mile return flight. "Here is a £5 voucher."

Good luck ! Last time I was given a £5 voucher at T5 the Pret-a-Manger by the domestic gates flatly denied that they accepted them.

Mr Mac
9th Aug 2017, 17:33
And they wonder why they are down to 3 star airline. Having said that most infrastructure in my experience is looked after like that baring some notable exceptions ie if not directly safety related sweat the asset unless senior management are going to use it regularly. Funny living in Germany 3 days a week currently and this does not as yet seem to be such a problem here ;)

ExXB
9th Aug 2017, 18:21
What can you buy for £5 at T5?

WHBM
9th Aug 2017, 18:59
Well you couldn't buy a cup of coffee and a small pastry at the Pret-a-manger I described.

On a previous cancellation returning from Nice it was only EUR 5, which I tell you goes even less far in Nice. When were these amounts last reviewed (don't tell Alex Cruz, he will review them only downwards).

ExXB
10th Aug 2017, 04:44
Voucher amounts are not fixed in any regulation, just the airline's must provide them under various circumstances. (Not including the OPs situation).

It's up to the airline. I suspect that a certain percentage are never used. Perhaps we could convince a chairity to take them as donations and bill BA for the face value.

PAXboy
10th Aug 2017, 20:42
The most irritating is, in a delay, to eventually get to top of the queue of the refreshment counter, ask for the items and then: "We don't accept those vouchers." :mad: