PDA

View Full Version : SIA looking for flightcrew...

jetjockey696
5th Aug 2017, 16:53
SIA looking for fresh meat. Direct entry First Officer (non-rated) Direct second Officer and Cadets.

Direct Entry First Officer - (Non Rated)-Latest Pilot Jobs-Latest Pilot Jobs (http://www.latestpilotjobs.com/jobs/view/id/2659.html)

but then..

Struggling Singapore Airlines Offers Crew Unpaid Leave

etops777
6th Aug 2017, 05:49
SIA looking for fresh meat. Direct entry First Officer (non-rated) Direct second Officer and Cadets.

Direct Entry First Officer - (Non Rated)-Latest Pilot Jobs-Latest Pilot Jobs (http://www.latestpilotjobs.com/jobs/view/id/2659.html)

but then..

Struggling Singapore Airlines Offers Crew Unpaid Leave

The unpaid leave are offered to cabin crew and not the pilots! The length of the unpaid leave is from as short as 5 days to 3 months for those interested.

Top gun pilot 797
12th Aug 2017, 12:43
I think SIA would be prudent and wise if it re thought it's expat intake policy.
The world's a fast changing scenario and SIA should adapt with equal nimbleness in order to keep ahead of the game.
DEC and DEFO's are the future. Any airline investing in these two commodities owns the future.
And history has already proven these words !

etops777
12th Aug 2017, 16:10
I think SIA would be prudent and wise if it re thought it's expat intake policy.
The world's a fast changing scenario and SIA should adapt with equal nimbleness in order to keep ahead of the game.
DEC and DEFO's are the future. Any airline investing in these two commodities owns the future.
And history has already proven these words !

SIA currently has an excess of about 70+ Capts and more than 100+ plus FOs are waiting for their upgrade. DECs won't happen anytime soon as SQ has enough FOs to fill the slots.

hamil
13th Aug 2017, 11:56
SIA currently has an excess of about 70+ Capts and more than 100+ plus FOs are waiting for their upgrade. DECs won't happen anytime soon as SQ has enough FOs to fill the slots.

Any plans to lay off pilots or send them to Scoot?

Is it true that all expat SIA Cargo pilots are compulsorily leaving next year?

parabellum
13th Aug 2017, 23:31
Top Gun Pilot 797 - No one knows better than SIA about employing DEC captains and FO's, they have, to my knowledge, a near sixty year history of such employment. Should they ever decide to go the expat route again, (which looks very doubtful, see etops777 post #5), you can rest assured that SIA will do it their way! You may also rest assured that as soon as the mainland Chinese airlines complete their expansion and have enough locals trained up the expat work force will be out over night.

ULH Extreme
14th Aug 2017, 00:36
Yes Para, Your right there. I was lucky and survived until 62, only because of my end of contact date. Btw there are alot of expats in Scoot, i think on local terms and their Chief Pilot is expat.

etops777
14th Aug 2017, 04:02
Any plans to lay off pilots or send them to Scoot?

Is it true that all expat SIA Cargo pilots are compulsorily leaving next year?

Scoot is currently full on the 787.

The expat on the cargo side has been given 6 months to look for a new job. When all of the expat on the cargo leaves, SQ would have sort out the excess issues on the mainline.

Stallone
14th Aug 2017, 04:09
DEFO for 330/777 was taken down just one day after listing the ad

Blomqvist
24th Aug 2017, 03:30
Application for Direct First Officers is back on the main SQ website. Any thoughts on this guys?

pfvspnf
24th Aug 2017, 06:11
Are pilots still getting a first class meal , course by course ?

HH Chan
24th Aug 2017, 10:54
Application for Direct First Officers is back on the main SQ website. Any thoughts on this guys?

SQ is moving into RPIC soon. Very soon.
They dont need captains till at least ..God knows when
So they need beefing up of First officers...and if anyone hoping to come in to get promoted to Captain within a few years, well you have to apply for it under a new scheme and wait and wait.
Even their own guys have been told its gonna be a long wait for command.

Justdreamer
24th Aug 2017, 21:23
Are they hiring expats now ?

etops777
25th Aug 2017, 01:48
Are they hiring expats now ?

SIA is not hiring any expats at the moment. The FOs currently in the system are facing a very long wait to command.

Justdreamer
25th Aug 2017, 13:09
SIA is not hiring any expats at the moment. The FOs currently in the system are facing a very long wait to command.

Thank you for your reply.

swh
26th Aug 2017, 02:21

Is that not due to SIA internal requirements for an FO to have a number of PF sectors before being upgraded.

Many FOs chose the route of higher pay on long haul aircraft getting few sectors resulting in a long drawn out time before being eligible fir a command upgrade.

My understanding one of factors to be eligible they ask for is 500 PF sectors, which many would say is even insufficient to handle a transport category aircraft to its limits.

etops777
26th Aug 2017, 04:01
Is that not due to SIA internal requirements for an FO to have a number of PF sectors before being upgraded.

Many FOs chose the route of higher pay on long haul aircraft getting few sectors resulting in a long drawn out time before being eligible fir a command upgrade.

My understanding one of factors to be eligible they ask for is 500 PF sectors, which many would say is even insufficient to handle a transport category aircraft to its limits.

There are many FOs that have reached the requirements! The reason for the delay now is the excess capts. The current excess is about 60+ Capts.

HH Chan
26th Aug 2017, 16:13

Where did the 500PF come from? I think you better get your facts right before such a post..it can cause heart attack for many!:ugh:

swh
26th Aug 2017, 18:26
From Captains that worked at SQ.

HH Chan
27th Aug 2017, 12:44
From Captains that worked at SQ.
its totally wrong...its 330 Pf..get ur figures right buddy.

swh
28th Aug 2017, 08:26
Maybe they have reduced the requirements to appease the inexperience locals who keep conplaining about the Malaysians who do not need to do national service. I checked it used to be ATPL, 8000 hrs, 1000 sectors, of which 500 PF.

On a long haul A380 roster with a heavy crew you would average what 1 PF sector a month ?

Still 350 PF sectors with reduced landing limits is very little to be put in charge of an airliner to aircraft limits in a degraded state.

etops777
28th Aug 2017, 11:37
its totally wrong...its 330 Pf..get ur figures right buddy.

Today, the number of sectors is irrelevant because now it takes 15 years if not more to command.

HH Chan
28th Aug 2017, 11:44
Today, the number of sectors is irrelevant because now it takes 15 years if not more to command.
Yar becos Sq doesnt need Capts...min is MINIMUM my fren. Wont change

parabellum
31st Aug 2017, 22:57
Sounds as though the Learjets are gone now? Guys low on sectors used to go off and fly the Learjet for a while, several sectors a day, probably not needed if it really is fifteen years to command.

HH Chan
1st Sep 2017, 11:44
Sounds as though the Learjets are gone now? Guys low on sectors used to go off and fly the Learjet for a while, several sectors a day, probably not needed if it really is fifteen years to command.
L45 was scrapped years ago....

Blomqvist
3rd Sep 2017, 13:56
been almost 3 weeks since the advert was posted..
any one applied and called up?
or heard of someone who has been called?

Stallone
6th Sep 2017, 09:40
Will they even take anyone within like own group?

ie. scoot/silk

etops777
7th Sep 2017, 02:02
Will they even take anyone within like own group?

ie. scoot/silk

Those FOs in Silk nor Scoot are highly unlikely to cross over to SIA if offered. The command in SQ is now a long wait, 12-15 years! If the RPIC goes through, the command would be even longer than 15 years!

Thianwj
27th Sep 2017, 10:15
been almost 3 weeks since the advert was posted..
any one applied and called up?
or heard of someone who has been called?

I'm interested to know likewise if anyone has been called up for the interview. I attended the Aviation Open House this year and I spoke to the HR staff and from what she said,they conduct interviews every single week. Implying they probably can still afford to cut off every applicant for that month. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

HH Chan
27th Sep 2017, 15:11
I'm interested to know likewise if anyone has been called up for the interview. I attended the Aviation Open House this year and I spoke to the HR staff and from what she said,they conduct interviews every single week. Implying they probably can still afford to cut off every applicant for that month. Correct me if I'm mistaken.
why not ask Mr Etops777...I am sure he has some good info to share

sia sniffer
28th Sep 2017, 06:47
I worked for SQ for a few years. Was good n bad.Some great night stops and the expats were great. The local Captains were biggots, with terrible CRM (to match their breath) and had very thin skins. They hate everything outside of Singapore, unless it revolves around sending their kids for overseas education , then they are all ears.

Local Captains despise westerners hanging out with Singapore girls. Especially on a night stop .I remember keeping my spotty local captain up all night with my bedroom party I had with a couple of the girls down route. He had to report me. So racist.

Singaporean's suffer the humiliations and indignities that a society of inbreeding can only create.

They prize education highly in Singapore, but its a rare commodity in Singapore Airlines. Kiasu. Always .

printscreen
5th Oct 2017, 22:36
So have I got this correct? As a foreigner (Australian) I can apply for a direct entry second officer at the moment?

Cheers.