PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Air coming to Brazil...Recruitment

jetjockey696
5th Aug 2017, 15:54
They can be that short for pilots... south americans coming to europe..

https://jobs.flightglobal.com/job/1401465505/pilots-captains-first-officers-sao-paulo/?LinkSource=TopJob

Piltdown Man
5th Aug 2017, 16:26
This means that RYR can now tell the EU that Europe is so short of pilots that work and residency permits must be issued for non-EU pilots. This is clearly a downright lie and utter :mad: But the EU being the EU will no doubt allow this grossly illegal process to take place.

lansen
5th Aug 2017, 16:26
God damn, they must be desperate. :p

alkor
5th Aug 2017, 16:31
here is another one:

"Ryanair have a fantastic and Unique opportunity for Non-Type Rated First Officers to join our new Germany Fast Track Command Programme - If you have over 2100 hours on a jet above 30 tonnes with a minimum of 1000 hours multi-crew experience and the drive to become a Ryanair Captain in Germany, then we would love to hear from you!"

skyloone
5th Aug 2017, 16:43
Please note all posters... when will you come to realise some airlines are never short of pilots or desperate, they mearly have too many aircraft 😀
Not much helped by the ambitious expansion plans in place across a number of the worlds regions.

Callsign Kilo
5th Aug 2017, 20:59
Flew with several Brazilians when I was In FR. Mostly all ex-Varig. Nothing new. Most left for EK or went home years ago. Round two I suppose.

Lepo
6th Aug 2017, 00:01
EU work and residency permit won't be issued. All candidates MUST have the right to live and work in the EU if they want to join FR.

There are many brazilians descendants of Portuguese, Italians and Germans who have an EU passport.

BUT I don't believe there will be so many people because there's only one airline in Brazil that operates the 737NG: GOL. And if you consider whole South America there are only GOL and Aerolineas Argentinas currently flying the 737NG.

So it's necessary to have 737NG type rating, EU Passport and, most importantly, be interested in joining Ryanair: don't think a huge number of people fit into these requisites.

Anyway, for brazilian captains this is probably a nice opportunity. The situation is pretty bad in the country right now and it won't change in the short term. Some might take an unpaid leave, join FR for a couple of years and maybe come back when the situation gets better.

RAT 5
6th Aug 2017, 05:20
And yet, during the past few years I've come across, or heard of, many EU cadet students fresh from well reputed CPL flying schools who can't get an interview. The rumour was there were already too many of certain EU nationalities in the pool. How daft is that? And now they venture outside EU when there are begging bowls on their doorstep. Curious.

Themax23
6th Aug 2017, 07:38
I've come across, or heard of, many EU cadet students fresh from well reputed CPL flying schools who can't get an interview.

Only looking for captains...

Unfortunately we are not looking to hire FO’s at this stage and Captains who only have Turboprop experience.

EFISchap
6th Aug 2017, 12:52
Only looking for captains?

The mind boggles but the wise among us will say its a "blessing in disguise" to be rejected by an airline with the worst T's & C's in the industry.

arketip
6th Aug 2017, 13:53
And why did you apply if you consider it being

"an airline with the worst T's & C's in the industry."?

And what would have happened if they hired you, would you have refused?

EFISchap
6th Aug 2017, 13:55
You're missing the point!

PilotRoger
21st Aug 2017, 14:50
Any news? How many showed up? Or any info about it?