PDA

View Full Version : CTC L3 FI Recruitment

Fanor
5th Aug 2017, 10:00
Good Morning All

I see CTC are having a recruitment drive for instructors. I hear they are desperate for instructors. Can anyone tell me why? Can current or ex instructors tell me the terms and conditions there and working conditions.

Many Thanks

ZFT
5th Aug 2017, 12:53
Growth, retirements and evolving requirements I would suggest

champair79
5th Aug 2017, 15:46
Retirements or loss of medical must be a large driver of demand in the U.K. A lot of the instructors are becoming 'sim only' simply due to loss of medical as a lot of them are more 'senior' in life. Also, the company is expanding all the time.

Overseas such as in the US or NZ, it's mostly because the instructors use the company to build hours then move off to the regionals as FOs.

gbotley
6th Aug 2017, 03:34
Probably because over the last 18 months there has been incredibly positive recruitment in the airlines so it no doubt attracted a lot of the instructors

^ This hits the nail on the head. In currently training in New Zealand there's been plenty of new instructors start of late, many of whom are home grown by CTC/L3 themselves via the NZ Diploma. Despite this, it's the more advanced instructors which are gradually moving to the airlines. It's just the way the cookie crumbles really. It's similar to the way in which airlines can find ample first officers but not so much the captains.

Of course, not being an instructor I can't answer your second question on pay and conditions but most instructors appear to work 4 or 5 days on, two days off. What we do know is there's significant expansion planned to the L3 operation in the coming months / years and I'd imagine related recruitment be attached to this.

Further, as Sanford comes online i'd foresee a need for FAA instructors out there as much as NZCAA Cat C & B instructors in NZ.