PDA

View Full Version : VC10 at BHX???

G-SCUD
14th Jul 2002, 22:18
Have just returned from visiting my little bro. He swears he saw a VC10 apparently headed for BHX this afternoon. Anyone know of a VC10 into BHX this pm ? (I thought only the military still used them...?). Bro's description: "4 engines at rear, high tail, loads more noise than usual traffic".

Health warning: little bro had been indulging in the falling over water during the afternoon...

Anyway, not earth-shattering. Just curious...

Fullback
15th Jul 2002, 07:10
Ask him what colour it was.

Often get the military in and it parks over on the western apron.

Otherwise (and I know it doesn't have 4 engines at the rear) might have been the Bulgarian TU-154 that's been coming in over the summer. That's painted in a nice red/pink/yellow scheme.... mmmm!!!!

Reichman
15th Jul 2002, 09:49
Still plenty of VC10s about (all at Brize Norton) and you'd be surprised at the places they go into.

160to4DME
15th Jul 2002, 10:34
Perhaps Uzbek substituted the 757 with an IL-62?

Hand Solo
15th Jul 2002, 13:56
A VC10 visited BHX last week so there could well be one visiting again. RAF of course.

EGBE
16th Jul 2002, 02:23
I arrived into BHX on SK2531 ex CPH on Sunday afternoon. I too saw the VC-10 (and yes, it was).
It was indeed parked on the western apron. My initial thought was it was probably in doing a trooping flight. It was an RAF example.
Boy oh boy, did it make some noise when it went out!!!
About 30 mins later, the TU-154 of Balkan Holidays came in too. Fantastic colour scheme.
Hope this helps.

EGBE

G-SCUD
16th Jul 2002, 20:57
Thanks for the info guys - little bro had obviosly not consumed too much alcohol at that stage (alas, it was a different story later - for both of us!).

Many thanks again to all.