PDA

View Full Version : Cert IV - TAE (RPL for flying instructors)

Ando1Bar
4th Aug 2017, 00:05
Hi. Does anyone have any recommendations for an organisation/person who can provide me with a Certificate IV - Training and Assessment? I am seeking recognition of prior learning towards the qualification due to my previous experience as a Grade 1 instructor and work within the check and training departments of CAR217 organisations. Thanks in advance.

SpankyRooster
4th Aug 2017, 00:28
I recently attended a 2 week course with MRWED for this qualification.

It was explained during the course that getting the evidence and testimonials to get RPL can be a laborious process. They are a QLD based training provider and it might be worth giving them a call.

You might find that it'd be easier to bite the bullet and attend the course rather than jump through a load of bureaucratic hoops.

Ando1Bar
4th Aug 2017, 00:32
Thanks for the info. I'll give them a try but still interested in other options too. I've been collecting evidence (including about 4 hours worth of briefing videos) so hopefully the RPL process is possible.

A google search shows up a few RPL options, but I'm not sure if there's any shonky providers and would like to use someone familiar with aviation training (if they even exist).

Update: MRWED look very reasonable for RPL - thanks.