PDA

View Full Version : FAA licenses what country can I work?

Stuckbetweenworlds
3rd Aug 2017, 23:37
Hi,

I have an ATP an recently decided that I want to experience work outside of the USA. There are many countries that I will need to convert my license. However I would like to know what coutries can I work without converting my license? Does it only matter if the airplane is N- registered?

Thank you in advance.

Transsonic2000
5th Aug 2017, 04:01
I have an ATP an recently decided that I want to experience work outside of the USA.Well, if you want to work outside the US the question is do you have the legal right to live and work in the respective country? Without a work-permit, this will be quite difficult if not impossible to achieve (e.g. the EU). Unless you're a highly experienced pilot/Captain with several thousands of hours on an Airbus or Boeing and intend to work for some Asian carrier, since they are frequently looking for experienced foreign pilots.

However I would like to know what coutries can I work without converting my license?General speaking, one must hold (convert to) the respective national license in order to fly commercially or the respective license in accordance with the aircraft registration. Which you have already mentioned in your last sentence, meaning N-reg aircraft = FAA license.

drsd
5th Aug 2017, 14:07
If you're gonna work in euroland i believe you will have to convert your licence for most jobs, this would include passing all the ATPL tests (wayyyy harder that the FAA ATP exam).

Sthan
7th Aug 2017, 04:22
There are plenty of Countries where you can work with FAA license if you meet the 1000h minima, you can't in Europe (for now, you know physics laws are different over Europe). And most of the world accept the FAA license (except Europe), and there are some where you have to go through conversion process, the funny thing is their entire license and aviation is based on FAA recommendation..... So build some hours to get 1000 (if you are not there yet) then send your resume all over the planet 😉