PDA

View Full Version : Gazelle Crash in Warwickshire

EjectEject
14th Jul 2002, 18:59
Infromation coming in of a Gazelle crash at Gaydon in Warwickshire. Second such incident within 24hrs in county. Believed occupants are ok and accident occured on or shortly after takeoff.:(

LOOSE NUT
15th Jul 2002, 08:42
Eject,Eject

It was my Gazelle that came down yesterday, everyone walked away unhurt, My thoughts at the moment are with the family of the people lost on Saturday. My sincere thanks to all the dedicated Emergency services involed in both incidents. Trying to come to terms with all events and I don't know where I will go from here.

CRAN
15th Jul 2002, 10:09
Loose Nut,

Glad to hear you're all okay. May I ask what happened?

CRAN

The Nr Fairy
15th Jul 2002, 14:28
NUT :

Glad to hear that all walked away unhurt - the rest can be sorted out with time and money.

EjectEject
15th Jul 2002, 18:01
Loose Nut

I am glad to hear that you are OK, as is your passengers. Your thanks to the Emergency Services will be really appreciatted. I am sure it will get passed on. With time, I hope you are able to resume flying.

Heliport
16th Jul 2002, 00:07
LOOSE NUT
Very sorry to hear about your accident.
But we had some great news as well - that you are OK!

Heliport

LOOSE NUT
16th Jul 2002, 08:13
Pprune People,

Thanks for your concerns, I'll let the dust settle first and see if anything gets thrown at me before I comment on this and with your help hopefully be able to put this all to bed. Any further developments I will certainly let you all know.
Enjoy this fine weather but please fly safely, I was among the lucky ones.

LOOSE NUT.

Hoverman
16th Jul 2002, 09:27
Cran

This isn't the time for Loose Nut to be talkling about the crash here.
I assume it was the ex-Mil Gazelle which LN described buying from Redhill in a thread a few months ago.
He'll possibly be questioned by the AAIB, and definately by the CAA.

LOOSE NUT
Bad luck mate. But you're OK that's the main thing.
You'd be wise to speak to an aviation lawyer before saying anything to the CAA apart from giving your ID and licence details.
Especially IF something I saw in a press report is correct, you'll be asked about the restrictions on your Permit to Fly.
Good luck.