PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth headset problem

Cornish Jack
1st Aug 2017, 13:13
HP Workstation, 8Gb RAM, W7 64 bit. I have a Lidl stereo headset which has, in the past worked OK with a Bluetooth feed. However, although it is recognised as a Bluetooth device, it won't install properly (lack of suitable drivers). I have downloaded the latest drivers from the manufacturer, Windows doesn't recognise or accept them. The adaptor is a Belkin and the headset is a Silvercrest SBTH 4.0 A1. Any suggestions welcome.
TIA

taxydual
1st Aug 2017, 15:14
Will this help?

Bluetooth devices not showing (http://www.thewindowsclub.com/bluetooth-devices-not-showing-windows)

Cornish Jack
2nd Aug 2017, 09:55
Thank you, taxydual - unfortunately, all the 'official' fixes are non-effective; not sure whether it's due to W7 (very likely!) or the bluetooth software. From Web searches it appears that it is a common problem - solutions totally absent.

golfbananajam
2nd Aug 2017, 10:09
I see it uses Bluetooth 4.1, does your PC support that?

Supports Bluetooth®-Profile A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution), HFP (Handsfree), HSP (Headset), AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control)

it could also be a simple matter of the headset being out of range of the bluetooth dongle/transmitter in your workstation

Cornish Jack
2nd Aug 2017, 14:28
gbj - thank you. It is almost certainly a driver problem but inconsistent since the phones have worked on a similar 64 bit W7 setup. Irritating and frustrating but that goes with the territory!!:ugh: