PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet Scottish base?

V- 5
1st Aug 2017, 11:01
I'm in a position to apply for NTR SFO to Easyjet but I see they are only recruiting for London bases at the moment. I don't want to lug my young family around the country for my career and I was wondering if Scottish bases are on offer or will be on offer soon, or if a short waiting list to transfer is available should I get accepted for a London base?

Also i was wondering if (should i get a base as FO in Scotland) if it is a given that i will have to move for command? If so i was wondering how long until a move back?

Just trying to work out if the long term financial rewards are worth the strain on the family

Cheers

monkey.tennis
1st Aug 2017, 11:12
Direct entry EDI has certainly been offered recently. Whether that will continue is another question.

V- 5
1st Aug 2017, 11:41
thanks for the reply! I'm just wondering whether i should i should apply given that it specifies London bases

Scuderia46
1st Aug 2017, 12:21
Even so, commute for a year and you'll be in Scotland. Waiting list is not that long. Time to command is another question though, can take a long time in the regional bases.

smith
3rd Aug 2017, 06:48
Why not email and ask them or apply and ask at interview?

Nil further
3rd Aug 2017, 07:38
You will get a Scottish base as an F/O without too much grief .I wouldn't go lugging my family around the country ,It will come .

As regards a command , well a jet command in Scotland with EZY will still come much quicker than anywhere else bar perhaps Jet 2 ?

Commuting even between the Scottish bases on the easyJet roster is very very tiring .I wouldn't recommend it . e.g. if you are living on the west coast and get EDI then driving to EDI for 05:00 reports 5 days in a row and then driving home 12 hours later on the M8 in the rush hour is a brutal way to live .

As regards emailing them and asking , easyJet won't tell their own pilots the answer to questions like that so id be surprised if they tell someone who hasn't even attended an interview or got a job . (they don't know the answer anyway, so nothing they might on the off-chance tell you will be out of date the minute the words have been uttered .

DarkSoldier
3rd Aug 2017, 07:42
FO waiting list for EDI not very long at all, several months before you move I reckon. Capt list is rather long but you would be in no rush to upgrade once back home and earning a decent salary with them as SFO. But you're looking at several years at least before you get an upgrade spot in EDI