PDA

View Full Version : Deleted thread??? MODERATORS

oxenos
1st Aug 2017, 09:49
MODERATORS
Over the last couple of days there was a thread running titled Warneford V C , OP was Islandlad. It related to a suggestion that public funds were used to run a canal boat.
I wrote a post on this thread last night, looked this morning to see if there was a response and the whole thread and all references to it have vanished.
Did I dream it, is it senile dementia, or was the thread deleted in toto? It did sound as if it could have been a troll.

Afterthought. Perhaps the OP withdrew it.

airpolice
1st Aug 2017, 11:02
Perhaps you have just discovered one of the less savoury aspects of pprune.

If one of Mods decides that they do not want a subject to be discussed, it just gets deleted, no explanation or statement is required, or likely to be issued.

This is their train set, not a democracy.

PPRuNe Towers
1st Aug 2017, 11:14
or: Islandlad deleted the thread himself in a fit of razoring that Occam fella.

Rob

oxenos
1st Aug 2017, 14:01
Afterthought. Perhaps the OP withdrew it.

That thought occurred to me after I had posted. I didn't realise my old friend Bill Occam was one of the moderators

Wholigan
1st Aug 2017, 14:26
Islandlad deleted the thread himself, so you can dump the conspiracy theories. :E

Wander00
1st Aug 2017, 15:12
I was beginning to enjoy the ignorance of how non public funds are applied and managed

OvertHawk
1st Aug 2017, 15:33
Islandlad clearly has an axe to grind against this vessel - They probably spilled his Pimms whilst going past his Gin Palace too quickly one evening!

Perhaps he was afraid that people would do a google search and discover the FOI requests made about this vessel (using language that sounds very familiar) and thus put two and two together? :E

Live and let live folks :O

upsdaisy
1st Aug 2017, 18:50
Glad that was cleared up, had me miffed by its disappearence too!

Lima Juliet
1st Aug 2017, 18:57
I've been trying to get in contact with the PPrune Admin Staff or the Mods to either:

1. Change my username.
2. Lock my account and de-link my email address so that I can re-register.
3. Shut down my account full stop.

Seperate PMs to Mods and Admin alike - no joy. :hmm:

keith williams
1st Aug 2017, 19:50
If all else fails you could open a new email account then use this to register in pprune with a different user name. Then change your pprune settings on your old pprune account to prevent people sending emails to you and stop using your old pprune user account.

MPN11
2nd Aug 2017, 09:57
You could always just get yourself banned. That happened to me a few years ago! Then I rejoined with a new name and email address.

downsizer
2nd Aug 2017, 10:17
Or you could just crack on.

oxenos
2nd Aug 2017, 10:24
L J
Are you having trouble with the spelling?

Wander00
2nd Aug 2017, 15:23
MPN 11 - cannot imagine you being banned, far too measured and polite for that

T28B
2nd Aug 2017, 18:42
LJ, I checked my PM's and did not see one from you. Feel free to drop me a PM if you'd like.

MPN11
2nd Aug 2017, 18:46
MPN 11 - cannot imagine you being banned, far too measured and polite for that
I have had my moments ... usually fuelled by Calvados, late in the evening! :cool:

PPRuNe Towers
2nd Aug 2017, 19:30
17 years of records Leon and you've never written to us.

Bottom of every single page - "Contact Us"

Rob

Lima Juliet
3rd Aug 2017, 19:21
Pprune Towers/T28B

Thanks, PM sent.

Best

LJ

racedo
3rd Aug 2017, 20:42
17 years of records Leon and you've never written to us.

Bottom of every single page - "Contact Us"

Rob

Bet he didn't bring you flowers, phone or tell you he loved you...................... after 17 years......................... dump him. :E