PDA

View Full Version : Modern Avionics in Legacy Aircraft and OZ

no_one
25th Jul 2017, 07:56
Hi there,

Has anyone actually been through the process of installing some of the newer avionics like the Garmin G5 or Dynon D10A in a certified aircraft in Australia? As I understand it these can be installed in the USA via an STC that has and approved model list. This means that a lame can go ahead and install it in one of the listed aircraft types without further approval. Is this also the case here in Australia or are there some other approval issues to watch out for?

Interesting times ahead if so with the recent Dynon announcements.

No_one

Cloudee
25th Jul 2017, 09:31
Hi there,

Has anyone actually been through the process of installing some of the newer avionics like the Garmin G5 or Dynon D10A in a certified aircraft in Australia? As I understand it these can be installed in the USA via an STC that has and approved model list. This means that a lame can go ahead and install it in one of the listed aircraft types without further approval. Is this also the case here in Australia or are there some other approval issues to watch out for?

Interesting times ahead if so with the recent Dynon announcements.

No_one

I have in the past bought an item with an STC from the US and had it installed here by a LAME. No issues as I remember. Just ask a friendly LAME.