PDA

View Full Version : Flying in Brazil?????

the wizard of auz
14th Jul 2002, 12:39
I am meant to be wizzing off to Brazil soon to do a bit of private flying......same old questions........how do I go about getting my Australian licence validated so I can fly over there?......what are the medical certificate requirements, can I speak English on the radio or do I have to use my not so good Portuguese?.
Any other info you might think is handy would be appreciated.
:D :)

the wizard of auz
15th Jul 2002, 12:44
Its alright guys, you can stop with all the replies now as I found all the information required on the web.;)

AeroBoero
16th Jul 2002, 22:08
Try here (http://www.dac.gov.br) ,it's the DAC (CAA) site. It has an English version.

Sorry that I can't help more as I am already out of date with them. But for private flying it shouldn't(but ya never know) be a great hassle - but be good on your Portuguese R/T.

Will be there in August...if you fancy a beer down south - be my guest!:D

the wizard of auz
20th Jul 2002, 11:39
Hey Aeroboero,I will be in Brazil around the end of september. Nao falo bem portugues, nao tem importancia. Quais sao os planos para setembro?. Onde posso contacta-lo?. Onde nos vamos encontrar parar uma cerveja?
Hows that?, a bit rough I know, but it should get me through I hope. I will learn a bit better when I among people Who speak it I guess. ;) ;)

the wizard of auz
20th Jul 2002, 14:30
O meu portugues e assim tao mau? sou da australia. :D

Mork
21st Jul 2002, 20:30
As far as I understand, you probably will not be allowed to fly with your australian licence. If you would like to have it converted, you will have to take a regulations test and probably schedule a checkride with a desgnated examiner. As far as the medical, it is pretty thorough. I´m not sure how it is in Australia but I can guarantee it is a lot tougher that the FAA 1st class medical. Of course all of this will be paid for. Not sure if it is worth it. As far as atc, they will speak to you in English. Approach controllers close to the bigger cities are fine. Enroute controllers are also fine as they do have to deal with foreign companies.
If you need more info let me know. Hope this helps at all.

Mork

the wizard of auz
22nd Jul 2002, 05:08
Thanx Mork, I was hopeing I wouldnt have to resort to my Portuguese as it is terrible.:D Our medicals over here are very strict, and I manage to pass them so I dont think my medical will be a problem. The Regulations test might be another thing though, as I dont know the regs over there and the english version on the website is a bit ............hard to understand, I think it loses a bit in the translation, I might have to study up on these when I get there.
If you can think of any other good info I would be greatful to hear it. (apart from improving my language skills :D )

AeroBoero
24th Jul 2002, 11:00
Check your prvt messages! And good luck! ;)

the wizard of auz
28th Jul 2002, 11:54
Seems I wont be comming over as soon as I thought now. The guy that owned the plane has apparently jumped into it with a young freind with a newly accuired PPL and hit a mountain south of Caxambu on the way to Sao paulo. Both people perished.
might have to catch you on the next trip Aeroboero.

AeroBoero
29th Jul 2002, 17:02
Sorry to hear that.

The way things are going there is a chance I move back to Brazil soon and maybe you can get to me then.

neil armstrong
29th Jul 2002, 18:24
He AeroBoero ,
your not gone leave the lowlands are you !
I have to admite that i would also like to move to that part of the world ,anybody in need of a 727 pilot??

Neil