PDA

View Full Version : EFB Manager / EFB Admins - Salary?

First.officer
24th Jul 2017, 16:28
Hi all,

Am guessing Terms and Endearment might be a good place to start this thread....

Am curious to know what currently exists out there in EASA land (no Brexit discussions pls :)) when people are charged with the EFB roles;

1. In your company, is the EFB Manager and/or EFB Admin function a full-time role? or is this a (senior) pilot role that is rostered accordingly?

2. What sort of salary ranges are generally experienced/expected?

3. If rostered, what spilt is given to the role - e.g. 50/50, 75/25?

4. What role is expected of you (as an EFB Manager/Admin) in your organisation?

....just plain curious :ok:

Officer Kite
24th Jul 2017, 17:19
Answering with respect my previous employers

1- It is full time and done by someone with significant IT experience from a previous job (relating to working on cabin crew touchpads etc) ... a couple of support roles are by pilots and that's it.

2- I don't think many know how much their coworkers are paid but if i was to hazard a guess i'd say about 45-50k.

3- It's a Mon-Fri 9-5 job

4- To make sure everything goes smoothly with setting up devices for incoming pilots (lots of work involved with fetching passwords, logins etc), sending out notifications to pilots whenever updates are made either through company apps or by the manufacturer (apple, samsung etc), dealing with day to day queries by pilots ("my screen won't load and i've a flight in 10 mins" etc etc), keeping track of all the devices on a day to day basis (internet usage etc), dealing with the network provider too (vodafone, O2 or whoever)... these sorts of tasks.

FlightDetent
24th Jul 2017, 19:29
It varies greatly with the amount of authority the person is given within the company. From signing the EFB load packages with a password, to leading the IT procurement teams and building business cases for A/C modifications for the CFO and boards approval.

Your question has no answer, unless the latitude of responsibilites inside that particular organization is fully understood.

FD. (was one for 8 years)

Officer Kite
24th Jul 2017, 20:15
At my airline, some of these twits put in expenses for charging the devices at home.

We once had a guy rip two original charging cables in weeks, he went out and bought some Chinese rubbish on his own then billed the company!

First.officer
24th Jul 2017, 20:57
Hi all,

Many thanks for the replies thus far....all good to know :ok:

Agreed FD, does depend a lot on the role - and as others allude, takes good I.T. skill, tenacity, full-time role etc., etc.

I had come up with the 45-50k approximation myself, so good to hear my thinking isn't 'pie in the sky' :)

Am a full-time pilot myself, self-taught (and proficient) skills such as;

PowerPoint (author and delivery of training, videos etc.)
Excel (Back office processes)
Word (AMC programme submission author and approval, inc. relevant manual(s) authoring etc.)
Adobe Acrobat DC (e-Form creation and delivery, JavaScript functions etc.)
EFB MDM compliance monitoring
Assist in the set-up and procurement of hardware device

Be good to know what other people in flying roles are assigned in a similar position? less? more? and the associated pay-scale? position held i.e training captain, TRI/TRE, part-time?

Many thanks thus far....keep it coming lol....and know what its like to deal with the associated "administration" of issued devices and software to crew haha

172_driver
26th Jul 2017, 08:23
Perhaps it's about goodwill? An employer that's perceived to just take, and never give anything back, is not worth £1 of your money.