PDA

View Full Version : ATPL theory in Spain?

Davidils20l
28th Nov 2001, 23:30
I am looking for a school in Spain that will cover the ATPL theory in English. I am looking for a modular cource not intergrated.
If anybody know of any thanks.

Airmed have stoped running these cources due to a lack of people. So if there are people out there looking to do ATPL in SPain, Airmed offer the cource at good rates and in sunny spain. If we get enough of us (about 6 people) They will run the cource.

moggie
29th Nov 2001, 02:04
try www.jerez.baesystems.es (http://www.baesystems.es)

or e-mail [email protected]

and put the suggestion to our marketing dept - any trade is good trade.

[ 28 November 2001: Message edited by: moggie ]

Davidils20l
29th Jan 2002, 22:47
HI.

I AM TRYING TO FIND A SCHOOL THAT WILL DO THE JAA ATPL MODULAR THEORY COURCE IN ENGLISH IN SPAIN.

ANY SUGGESTION, HELP, WOULD BE GRATFULLY APPRECIATED

GOOD LUCK TO ALL WANNABES OUT THERE

grahamito
19th Mar 2003, 02:40
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has experience or know if it is possible to do the modular JAR - ATPL in more than one country.

I want to do the ground distance learning at Bristol, but then go to spain to do the flight training, since it sounds like it would be cheaper.

any thoughts on this?

thanks,
Graham Conway

Keygrip
19th Mar 2003, 03:35
Now there's a first - somebody in the USA wants to go to Europe to do a flight training course.

The answer to your first part is "Yes" - it is possible to do the ground exams in one place and the flight in another (for professional licences - not PPL).

Problem is that the two contries need to have an agreement - and not all of them agree.

Suggest you send an explanation e-mail to [email protected] and ask him about the agreement between UK and Spain. I would expect the answer to be yes (considering there is a UK school in Spain) but ask him.

Considered doing the distance learning through Bristol - the examinations in Florida or Michigan and then the flight training in Florida, Michigan or Texas/Arizona? May be even cheaper, you speak the language and you know the airspace.

redbar1
19th Mar 2003, 09:38
On the "US solution": You might have to do the "acclimatisation" trng and the IR SkillTest in a JAA country, though. (See Appx 1b & 1c to FCL 1.055)

cheers,

IRISHPILOT
19th Mar 2003, 18:37
ATPL theory and CPL Flight Test must be under the jurisdiction of one JAR member state. However, this does not mean you couldn't do training with another JAR school elsewhere (Spain or Czech Republic...).

If you then want to add a rating, this can be done with any JAR member state school, contrary to popular belief in the UK, the flight test does not have to be with a CAA examiner, but can be with any designated examiner from any JAR country. The CAA will then add the rating to your UK/JAA licence. This is correct for any rating, e. g. multi, IR, type.

Look it up in JAR-FCL - JAR has made it so much more complicated and expensive for us, you might as well play them by their own rules! ;)

Also, you may consider doing an FAA IR first. - You would then only need 15 hours to convert to a JAR IR instead of 55. (Out of which up to 10 could be on a sim!) This is a CAA/UK regulation, non-JAR.

Good luck!

redbar1
20th Mar 2003, 11:47
Actually, the world is becoming a better place... via the proposed changes in NPA 16 to JAR-FCL 1. This includes a change to para 1.065, opening the possibility to split the training & testing towards a licence between two JAA states. Only requirement is that the involved states' NCAAs must agree on who will issue the final licence, etc.

NPA 16 has been adopted by the JAA, and should in due course be implemented in the JAA member states.

cheers,

Keygrip
20th Mar 2003, 13:28
Redbar is up to date - flight and ground training can be done in different countries (as I said earlier) - but NOT for Private Pilot.

redbar1
20th Mar 2003, 14:02
Well, Keygrip, historically, in JAR-FCL the PPL has been treated differently from the professional licences. Initially, PPL wasn't to be covered at all! Had to be included, though, as it forms basis for modular trng, etc.

Also, the EU directive on pilots licences treats PPL differently from the professional licences.

In this particular instance, however, the changes to 1.065 covers all licences; i.e. good news for PPL students as well! :ok: when NPA 16 is implemented in the various member states.

cheers,

grahamito
20th Mar 2003, 20:13
thanks for your information. Does anyone know when we can expect the change in JAR regulations to be in effect? (Are we talking months?)

Graham Conway

Keygrip
21st Mar 2003, 02:48
Policy Department of UK CAA tells me that professional licence changes are already in effect - have been for some time.......and that PPL licences will not change. Examinations are more National, by nature.

Not saying Redbar is wrong - just saying I'm being given different information by UK CAA.

redbar1
21st Mar 2003, 12:55
Keygrip, you are absolutely right, they (CAA UK) could implement the upcoming changes through a long term exemption. Also, the PPL exams are not covered in detail by JAR-FCL, nor by the JAA central question bank. And I guess CAA UK are perfectly in the green if they decide to have a more strict practise than the FCL requires. Pity for the PPL students, though..

cheers,
Redbar1

Jimmy The Big Greek
11th Feb 2005, 11:00
Is there any distance course for the atpl in spain. I'am planning to go bristol but according to regulations I can not do the exams in the U.K and the cpl training in spain or I am wrong.

Jimmy The Big Greek
17th Feb 2005, 11:56
I need the homepage and email for the spanish CAA and medical offices.

redbar1
17th Feb 2005, 13:50
Google "enac" and take it from there

jean-Luc RICARD
17th Feb 2005, 18:56
It's call DGAC and it's part of Ministero de fomento, www.mfom.es, only spanish though!!

Cheers

qnh78
15th Aug 2006, 19:48
Hi,

just heard an absurd rumour that in Spain you are not required to sit in Spanish CAA ATPL exams (is there even any CAA ATPL exams - this rumour says there isn't) but the ones you do in your school are enough. If you pass your schools 14 ATPL exams (and of course all the flying skill tests; CPL, ME/IR, PPL) you will get your f(ATPL) licence.

Any truth?

Thanks in advance!
-QNH78

DC-8
15th Aug 2006, 20:26
Hi!

Well... of course not true! The exams you take at your flight school don't have anything to do with the DGAC (Spanish CAA) exams. The first ones are just for evaluating your progress. When you finish all the theory classes you must take the 14 DGAC papers at any of the dates set by the DGAC (4 times per year).

qnh78
15th Aug 2006, 20:49
This is just what I thought. Thanks for the quick reply. Only one question still remains: do they held exams only 4 times per year? In my country you are able to go and try every second week! That must be hard to wait another 2,5 months every time...

-QNH

DC-8
15th Aug 2006, 21:01
Yes, there are only 4 examination sessions: February, May, September and November. People at DGAC are quite lazy... 4 times per year is too much for them!:E