PDA

View Full Version : China CAAC Southwest has suspended foreign pilot recruitment?

Murray_NN
15th Jul 2017, 08:41
Heard that CAAC has stopped foreign pilot recruitment for Southwest region. Any more info on this please?

italian stallion
15th Jul 2017, 11:42
Do you know which of the airlines that involves and reasons?

Murray_NN
15th Jul 2017, 12:15
Apparently all airlines based in the Southwest region of CAAC.

denelli
15th Jul 2017, 14:20
Where did you hear this?

BAe 146-100
15th Jul 2017, 15:47
That explains the lack of job adverts recently.

joe falchetto 64
16th Jul 2017, 04:17
The information is correct: it is an official action required from CAAC Southwest Sector. There is no information about when the recruiting process will be resumed from the airlines involved. Airlines affected at the moment are, amongst others, Sichuan Airlines, Chengdu Airlines, West Air, Chongqing Airlines, Lucky Air, Air Guiling. This is all I can say on a public forum.

pezetaroi
16th Jul 2017, 14:14
Indeed, word is that it all started because certain airline in that region accounted around six events in which five of them, expat pilots were involved. After this the CAAC decided to put extra pressure on foreign aviators, including harder recurrent trainings and failing all of the new applicants on their CAAC sim check ride. The measure is supposed to last some months from now, so needless to say, forget about applying in this area in the short to medium term.

Murray_NN
16th Jul 2017, 16:53
It would be interesting to find out exactly what happened...

flying headbutt
16th Jul 2017, 18:52
Spring Airlines?

dmitryhkgsu
18th Jul 2017, 07:38
I heard from one of recruiters that a couple of incidents happened in Chengdu Airlines, and in both cases foreign captains (both koreans) were involved. As a result CAAC demanded some additional training for expats...

The Dominican
18th Jul 2017, 11:29
There are many cases of inflated resumes as well....., I know of at least 5 current captains flying on the expat market that were never captains in their own countries. I know of 3 captains personnally that nevet flew as PIC's because their companies folded, that came up with resumes indicating 1,500 hours as PIC, one of them reported that experience on a company that never went beyond the certification stage, and he flew 2 or 3 flights on the jumpseat...! Go figure!