PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet: Booking Early and Adding Bags Later

charliegolf
14th Jul 2017, 09:42
Collective wisdom needed please. I can get 2 Easyjet returns (for skiing in Feb 18) for £90, which I'm minded to risk losing if there's no snow; or if I can't get somewhere to stay. Adding seat allocations and bags more than doubles that, and I don't want to risk that much.

Does anyone know if I can do the other bits, bags and seats later, without being badly stung? I know for sure you can pitch up on check in and add bags, but it's expensive. Am I able to 'manage my booking' later to get the extras at the 'now' price? Ta. I can't find the answer on their site.

stealth117
14th Jul 2017, 10:15
Yes you can add hold baggage later, it's cheaper to do online. You can check in online a few days before you travel and then add hold baggage the day before you travel and just reprint boarding passes.

https://www.easyjet.com/en/help/baggage/cabin-bag-and-hold-luggage

eal401
14th Jul 2017, 10:37
Aren't baggage charges a fixed rate? I know that when we flew with them in Feb, I ended up adding an extra bag and was pretty sure it was the same cost I was quoted at the time of booking.

Pontius Navigator
14th Jul 2017, 10:55
Ring them up, if you can't understand the language email the CEO. Different topic but same route worked wonderfully. I think they don't mind talking with sensible people :)

RAT 5
14th Jul 2017, 10:59
Been there, done that, and for the same reason. Manage booking and add bags at the internet rate, but not after you've checked in. There is a time limit, I think, before the flight that you can make changes. It might be 5 hours, but you can check that. I've not looked recently, but the info was on their site. Try under 'Frequently asked questions'.

FlightDetent
14th Jul 2017, 11:00
No problems. Book the cheapest, add seats and bags later at your convevience, via manage my booking.

ExXB
14th Jul 2017, 11:17
I can't imagine there not being snow in February, unless you've booked for PMI! Christmas-New Years can be iffy, if you are not going above 2000m but Feb is the coldest month.

You can purchase bags after booking, but you can't cancel them after they have been booked. Funny that.

Seldomfitforpurpose
14th Jul 2017, 13:59
If you have a smart phone download the EZY app which makes the whole process way simpler, including downloading your boarding passes to the phone :ok:

Just checked on my app as we are to Majorca on Sep 1st and it is saying it would cost us £23 per 20kg bag per person per flt so £46 return. Sadly I cannot remember what the charge for our bags at the time of booking was, hope that helps.