PDA

View Full Version : Adelaide: plane hits drone

deanm
12th Jul 2017, 03:15
"A light plane has been damaged after hitting what's thought to be a drone near Adelaide's Parafield Airport.

The plane, operated by Flight Training Adelaide, was coming in to land on Tuesday night when it was struck by an object, the Australian Transport Safety Bureau says.
The ATSB says the plane sustained minor damage to the right wing but an initial search of the ground under the flight path has not turned up anything."

Plane hits drone over Adelaide airport (http://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/plane-hits-drone-over-adelaide-airport/news-story/e1731fb910d9b7e02fc4e4d401381e2e)

First_Principal
13th Jul 2017, 21:14
Seemingly no real evidence at this stage so for all we know it could be a seagull with a sore head?

FP.

steveanz
13th Jul 2017, 21:39
Seems a very irresponsible news story, hell the plane could have been hit by a UFO at this stage, but on-no has to be the magical invisible drone...

Clare Prop
14th Jul 2017, 02:18
It's OK I saw a news clip Geoffrey Thomas was on to it so no need for an investigation.

Dangly Bits
14th Jul 2017, 02:32
Can we get Geoffrey Thomas to do the Investigation?

Checklist Charlie
14th Jul 2017, 06:25
Can we get Geoffrey Thomas to do the Investigation?

Good idea, perhaps he could 'fly' a sim and explain everything that way.

CC

RatsoreA
14th Jul 2017, 12:50
Was it one of these?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbXgK3PyZsk&feature=youtu.be

compressor stall
21st Jul 2017, 07:46
Apparently it was a bat - presumably with its TCAS MELd.

deanm
21st Jul 2017, 08:04
Flying fox:
Bat, not drone, blamed for light plane collision during landing at Parafield Airport - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-21/suspected-drone-strike-on-plane-turns-out-to-be-bat/8732174)

Lead Balloon
21st Jul 2017, 08:09
I do hope the Senators who were having attacks of the vapours at Mr Carmody's response to their questions about the regulation of drones will now be demanding that CASA regulate bats and flying foxes. :rolleyes:

Ixixly
21st Jul 2017, 08:10
Pretty sure if you swabbed the front of my aircraft you'd find a buttload of DNA from a buttload of bugs and who knows what else!!

gerry111
21st Jul 2017, 13:29
I do hope the Senators who were having attacks of the vapours at Mr Carmody's response to their questions about the regulation of drones will now be demanding that CASA regulate bats and flying foxes. :rolleyes:

I'd be thinking that the new mega federal department of 'Homeland Security' would have that sorted already? :(

cooperplace
21st Jul 2017, 14:47
Pretty sure if you swabbed the front of my aircraft you'd find a buttload of DNA from a buttload of bugs and who knows what else!!

Ix, what have you been doing on the front of your aircraft?

Flying Binghi
22nd Jul 2017, 01:01
I'd be thinking that the new mega federal department of 'Homeland Security' would have that sorted already? :(

I think you miss-understand the new departments roll. Its charter is to protect the personal "homeland security" of the corrupt turnBull..:hmm:

Goat Whisperer
22nd Jul 2017, 05:51
Stand down, it was a flying fox, not a drone.

Flying Binghi
22nd Jul 2017, 06:35
Stand down, it was a flying fox, not a drone.

If you'd read the thread you'd seen the flying fox mentioned way back in post #8

gerry111
22nd Jul 2017, 16:33
I think you miss-understand the new departments roll. Its charter is to protect the personal "homeland security" of the corrupt turnBull..:hmm:

Binghi, Please deselect 2GB from your radio listening for a week or so. Tony Abbott sure ain't gonna be the saviour of the Federal Coalition at the next election.

Flying Binghi
23rd Jul 2017, 02:48
Binghi, Please deselect 2GB from your radio listening for a week or so. Tony Abbott sure ain't gonna be the saviour of the Federal Coalition at the next election.

I don't listen to much radio, music if stuck in a car. Get me news from places such as here.. 💻

As to a Lib 'saviour'... Blaming the messenger comes to mind..:hmm:

Seems them Libs is on their way to a turnBull led trainwreck and all they is doing about it is abusing somebody who is not in the drivers seat.....

...anyway, back to drones. How long before one flys into the grounds of the big building in Canberra...:bored: