PDA

View Full Version : After effects of concussion...

brockenspectre
13th Jul 2002, 19:17
I suffered a (minor) concussion three weekends ago. Xrays and CT scan showed nothing serious "just" a concussion. I had a week off work during which time I "slept" about 19hrs out of 24, my speech was slurred, I couldn't concentrate, felt queasy, was lacking coordination and generally below par. I have been back to work, working slightly shorter hours, but I am finding that by early- mid-afternoon my head is really aching and my speech slurs again and concentration goes - writing emails I am making huge numbers of mistakes, even thinking a word is on the screen when it isn't!!!! As I work in a legal department of a bank AND am a temp (so no work, no pay) I need to know if there is anything in particular I can do to get better quicker! Hot days, in particular, make my head ache tremendously...my blood pressure was raised after the incident but don't know now...

Any suggestions please?

DX Wombat
14th Jul 2002, 10:54
Go straight back to your GP. The reasons for headache etc are many and varied and it is not worth the risk of giving incorrect advice "blind" Your GP will be able to examine you properly and advise accordingly.

brockenspectre
14th Jul 2002, 16:53
Thanks, Wombat - I didn't want to bother the Dr if, as I suspect, my symptoms are just "one of those things"!!

Sound advice though...grrrrrrrrrr I hate Drs surgeries - they are always full of sick people!! Its about 8 years since I last saw mine (before the post-Hospital app a couple of weeks ago!).

OK...point taken!!! :D