13th Jul 2002, 18:21
i have interview with G B next week can a yone help

expedite_climb
13th Jul 2002, 21:44
No I'm sorry its terminal :-)

Sorry... too much time in JB

baboy
14th Jul 2002, 00:50
I work as cabin crew for them. What you want to know???

Tiger
14th Jul 2002, 06:50
for info on the company see

www.gbairways.com

troubleatthemill
14th Jul 2002, 11:20
i was at a gb airways interview last year. a very pleasant experience even though i did manage to get hired by them.

around 20 people showed up for the day and we were first treated to a thorough introduction to the company. after that we went through the "usual" team exercises, i am afraid that i do not remember whether we were building bridges out of paper or solving customer service conundrums, probably the latter. i have vague memory of paper incased in plastic and people discussing what to do...
anyway, the atmosphere was very relaxed and unthreatening.
we also took a test which centered on geographical knowledge (i believe it was about naming capitols in europe) and had to show our skills in basic math (figuring out duty free sales numbers).

after a break 6 out of the 20 were invited to stay. the 6 was invited for a personal interview with one of the gb airways staff present at the event (cabin crew and personnel department) which again was quite pleasant. lots of questions about experience in customer service, about your favourite customer service moment, what you would do in this and that situation etc.

we parted as friends and i received "the letter" within two weeks or so.

i apologize for any inaccuracies, remember that i had to erase this traumatic event from my consciousness due to not getting the job...;)

baboy
15th Jul 2002, 00:08
They have been taking on so many crew as yes, people have left but also through promotions to A/P and Pursers. The money isnt too bad and yes commission isnt great but you get alittle from onboard sales.
There are only about 250 crew so you get to know everyone really quickly and they are a good bunch of people.
You should go to the interview as you have nothing to lose.

Good luck goflypaul

Tiger
15th Jul 2002, 10:23
GB isn`t BA. Its a totally different company. It isn`t even BA owned. GB Airways is a BA franchise, that is they pay BA is use their colour scheme, interior, sales and marketing, product etc.

Yes the drinks are free on board, but its hardly going to effect salaries that much. They do sale duty free.
I believe GB are offering perm. contracts?
Don`t base you salary on a liquor bar sales. You need to look at terms & conditions, basic and flight allowances. Duty Free sales commission are unreliable source of income, always have and always will.
GB are a good company and fly some great routes with some very nice nightstops.

If you were looking to join GB in a bid for easy access in to BA then you were applying for the wrong reasons.
If your happy where you are thats good and I`m pleased for you.

Ryanair Wannabee
16th Jul 2002, 20:53
Hi Guys.
Can anyone tell me:
- How many flights a day the newbies get?
- The kind of salary?
- The working/dayoff a week ratio?
- How may standbys a month?
- Layovers for the LGW based crews?
THanx

goflypaul
22nd Jul 2002, 20:41
WELL FOLKS I GOT THE JOB WITH G B THANKS TO YOU ALL FOR YOUR FEED BACK

Ryanair Wannabee
22nd Jul 2002, 21:00
Congratulations!
But, could you or anyone help me with my questions above?

baboy
22nd Jul 2002, 22:45
well done goflypaul. Are you going to take it???? Did you fly before !!!???

goflypaul
27th Jul 2002, 22:12
yes 12 years flying long and short haul
lol

goflypaul
27th Jul 2002, 22:14
i start on the 9th sep most flights out of lhr

Tiger
28th Jul 2002, 08:50
Well done! :)

tottyhighflyer
12th Aug 2002, 20:17
I worked for GB earlier this year after losing my job with BA after 11/9. I have never worked fo such an unfriendly company. The training was abysmal! Some days the trainers didn't even show up. When they did they couldn't answer simple questions, they were power crazed and spoke to our class as though we were imbacils even though the majority of us had flown for years.
I was hoping once on line the attitude would be different but they are completely rank orientated and majority of the crew were so clicky and unfriendly "speak when your spoken too" I worked 6 on and 2 off for 3 weeks for £800pm and decided to leave best decision I ever made!
Don't touch them.

baboy
13th Aug 2002, 17:48
goflypaul and anybody else.

Ignore what tottyhighflyer has to say
All airlines have bad times and a few unfriendly people, but its that kind of job. GB has and still is changing alot, not always for the better.Anybody applying or joining GB will find that 99% of the cabin crew are friendly and a good laugh, and we always have good flights ( even though they are always full ) as we all know each other and are not just another number or temp junior.

TOTTYHIGHFLYER - were you a No2 at Brittania before GB BA ?

Tiger
13th Aug 2002, 22:32
I wasn`t aware that BA sacked cabin crew after 11 Sept?

Unpaid leave was offered and part time contracts..33%, 50% and 75%.

Tiger
14th Aug 2002, 07:35
OK then loosing your job then. Layed off etc etc.
Same context.

So I wasn`t aware cabin crew lost their jobs at BA after 11 sept.

goflypaul
17th Aug 2002, 14:38
:) :) :) :)

baboy
17th Aug 2002, 14:53
see you around the bee's nest canteen in september
Good luck with the course.

tottyhighflyer
30th Aug 2002, 18:17
Baboy No I have never worked for Britannia and I'm glad you enjoy GB and are happy there. I had 2 weeks at GB where I sat on the M25 going to LHR and back. I was promised night stops that never materialised and if you were one of the chosen few to get one you'd land at 9pm and check out at 6am. It was hunt the day off on your roster and nearly all my course were disillusioned and majority have left to join friendly well paid jobs with other airlines. I was told my take home pay would be around £1000 which was always short by £200. By all means not everyone was power crazed, but the general atmosphere was against new crew especially ex flyers because they thought we were telling tales to managers about what I don't know? Anyway the proof is in resignations and how many people GB had to recruit.
And for anyone else BA cancelled courses that were planned and where people had recieved uniforms contracts etc..
Some crew resigned from jobs where redundancy was offered a week later of £15,000. It was badly handled. So there were many victims of BA job cuts and they certainly weren't all voluntary!

baboy
31st Aug 2002, 16:15
Tottyhighflyer

Thanxs for the reply. I hope your new job is making you happier.

And I dont enjoy GB, but its a job until I get something better.

tottyhighflyer
3rd Sep 2002, 13:16
I'm sure you will Ba boy. I've heard ANZ are recruting again. Also with your club experience I know a few private jet operations that are looking for scheduled crew. I think the industry all round sucks at the moment. It's all cost cutting everywhere, hotels, allowances, crew rest..... We don't get nearly the amount of money we should for unsociable hours, manual labour, counselling, nursing ... I could go on! The trouble is the lifestyle is addictive or is it that we're all not sure what else to do? I think it's the people we work with that makes us stay and generally most people in aviation have a natural high for life and make the best of nearly every situation. Anyway enough philosophy maybe in a few years the likes of bloody easy-jet and low cost will fade away and a bit of glamour and class will resurface!! Good luck. (I do miss the club food from GB especially the puds!) :p

baboy
5th Sep 2002, 14:37
Tottyhighflyer

Thanxs again for your reply. I totally agree that the industry in general sucks and that its the life style that keeps you doing the nasty job.
I keep trying to think who you are, but I dont have a clue, so I obviously didnt get a chance to fly with. Just put that nasty GB life behind you. I hope I will soon