PDA

View Full Version : Embraer Lineage

wingspan68
10th Jul 2017, 11:05
Hi Guys

Does anyone has experience on an Embraer Lineage? I heard the plane is quite noisy in the cockpit. I flew Citations, Airbus and Falcons and just wondering if that's true.

Thanks letting me know :ok:

Dan B.
10th Jul 2017, 12:24
I flew the 190, it's indeed quite noisy in the cockpit. I remember using the speaker at high altitude only, but usually we kept the ANR headsets.

Amadis of Gaul
10th Jul 2017, 13:41
I flew the 170/175. The PACKs are indeed very noisy (also very, very effective). We used to turn off the recirc fans sometimes.

bizjetway
11th Jul 2017, 08:38
I have been in aircraft sales for over 5 years and I must say that Embraer are truly a rising star. They build exceptional aircraft, in particular the Phenom 300 and Legacy 500. Unfortunately their experiment at taking on the BBJ/ACJ market with the Lineage 1000 has failed. The biggest problem with the Lineage is not only the noisy cockpit but also the short range. However, the trend recently is that private jet buyers are moving away from the BBJ/ACJ jets and buying Global 6000s, Falcon 7Xs and G550s. The technology, performance and lower cabin altitude in these smaller jets is what is driving people away from the airliners convereted into private jets.

FLEXJET
11th Jul 2017, 10:27
bizjetway, I am curious to know some facts about the trend you mention:

Which BBJ/ACJ and which 6000/550/7X... Any serial number or Reg?

bizjetway
12th Jul 2017, 10:10
FLEXJET, if you look at data bases like Jetnet and talk to other brokers over the last 3 years you'll notice this trend. The days of the big jet are over and when I say big jet I mean BBJ/ACJ. Global 6000 and Falcon 7X a lot more efficient. It's not rocket science, just something I have personally noticed.

LGW Vulture
12th Jul 2017, 10:18
Don't agree with that at all.

The amount of NEOs and MAXs being ordered in a tremendously difficult economic climate is testament to that.

Those bigger jets will always be taken by multi-billionaires, Governments etc...

FLEXJET
12th Jul 2017, 14:05
I agree, even one of the very first BBJ1, VP-BBJ (the one seen in GVA for years and fitted with such a special cabin) found a buyer!