PDA

View Full Version : 787 toilet seats

Makamba
10th Jul 2017, 07:04
Well, .... after a number of flights in a 787, I noticed an odd thing. When using the mid, rearwatd toilets, the seat and lid would not keep upright during my short visits. I thought (I am a man) these might be designed by some feminist engineer, thinking all men should pee sitting down.... But after some more flights, I found out that more toilet covers fall onto your back while minding your busisness. Is it just me, or are others experiencing the same?

cee cee
10th Jul 2017, 12:52
I have been travelling only on Scoot 787s in recent years and I noticed the same thing. The seat and/or cover would fall down straight away, or be balanced so precariously that it is likely to fall. This meant that I have to keep a hand on the seat instead of against the wall to stabilise myself.

I also noticed another annoyance when sitting on those toilets. The flush mechanism activates when it senses something near, and I have triggered it a few times while sitting upright.

nohold
10th Jul 2017, 13:01
Life is too short - lol:)

jolihokistix
10th Jul 2017, 22:45
Does length matter?

ZFT
10th Jul 2017, 23:45
Apparently so

KelvinD
11th Jul 2017, 08:35
Length could certainly matter if you withdrew your old man and found it painted blue!