PDA

View Full Version : fix wing to rotary ground school

wessexsoldier777
9th Jul 2017, 21:45
In a nut shell I am a current ppl,and I am considering converting to a rotary ..
I understand I only have to take 5 ground school exams instead of the 9 that a none qualified pilot has to take..can anyone please tell me what those 5 are..
cheers :ok:

GipsyMagpie
10th Jul 2017, 05:19
In a nut shell I am a current ppl,and I am considering converting to a rotary ..
I understand I only have to take 5 ground school exams instead of the 9 that a none qualified pilot has to take..can anyone please tell me what those 5 are..
cheers :ok:

Google "Easy Access PART-FCL" It's all in there (Appendix 1). You need to have a valid theoretical knowledge pass for aeroplanes or your licence before bridging (which you do of course). But to save you the pain of hunting for the info:

1.2. Without prejudice to the paragraph above, for the issue of an LAPL, PPL, BPL or SPL, the holder of a licence in another category of aircraft shall receive theoretical knowledge instruction and pass theoretical knowledge examinations to the appropriate level in the following subjects:

- Principles of Flight,
- Operational Procedures,
- Flight Performance and Planning,
- Aircraft General Knowledge,
- Navigation.

noflynomore
10th Jul 2017, 14:16
Why would you need to do Nav again? It's exactly the same!
Shurley shome mishtake?

Depending on the helo type you may need hydraulics and turbines too.

GipsyMagpie
11th Jul 2017, 19:33
Type specific groundschool required and will cover that. but yes nav again is required but a little bit odd!

VP-F__
11th Jul 2017, 22:09
Seems odd, I converted fixed to rotary atpl exams three years ago and did five:
P of F
Ops
AGK
Flight Planning
Performance

I think......certainly no nav.

noflynomore
12th Jul 2017, 13:07
I certainly didn't do Nav again when I went RW - FW but it was a while ago.
Aitcraft General Knowledge? WTF is that???