PDA

View Full Version : Contract Work in India - Pay Scales?

November Mike
7th Jul 2017, 11:19
Anyone got an idea of the pay scales for ex-pat helicopter pilots working in India? Just need an idea of what one can expect in terms of pay :eek: (flying single engine turbines) - rotational leave/tickets paid for to get home etc - accommodation - meals. :sad:

Any info would be appreciated :ok:

Fareastdriver
7th Jul 2017, 12:03
Any info would be a miracle!

hueyracer
7th Jul 2017, 12:59
The few times i applied for jobs there i turned it down after getting the figures.....does that help?

GoodGrief
7th Jul 2017, 13:03
Companies now shy away from expats as the DGCA imposed more restrictions due to the fixed wing idiots coming over with false licences.

There's no rotation in India for on-shore work. It's full time with 28 days off per year, one ticket home, housing provided.
No per diem, you pay your own food.No social insurance / benefits.

Going rate for a 350B3 / 407 pilot is now 300000 rupees after tax, which translates into $4600 USD.

Money paid in local currency, you pay the bank transfer cost for sending it home, which is a major pain.

Heliringer
7th Jul 2017, 13:36
$4600 a week is pretty good.
Where should I send my resume?

hueyracer
7th Jul 2017, 14:44
Was that irony or sarcasm?

My best offer was close to that....6000 usd/month to fly mediums and long line in the mountains, paying for my own food and accomodation and transport and flights-and only got 28 days off as well..so i put it down, as they were talking about paying my own tax there as well.....

nowherespecial
7th Jul 2017, 17:57
A lot of the offshore local pilots get about 1500 EUR a month and nothing is paid by the companies. If you think the global operators are engaged in a race to the bottom, you should see the pricing there. It would make you cry.

There is a reason none of the major heli operators aren't in India and it's not because they haven't looked. The tax regime is a shambles and the regulator thinks it knows everything despite an utterly appalling safety record.