PDA

View Full Version : Tonka Across The Mersey

Flying_Anorak
6th Jul 2017, 14:44
Thanks guys for the nice flypast today (circa 14.45) - looked great and made my day having just escaped to the Albert Dock from a meeting.

:ok:

Chugalug2
6th Jul 2017, 15:30
Get's around, doesn't it? It also flew very low and very noisily over Horsted Keynes Station on the Bluebell Railway on Tuesday. The sound of freedom heard loud and clear at my workbench in the Carriage and Wagon Works. Thanks fellas! :ok:

sitigeltfel
6th Jul 2017, 15:47
It's a pretty sad day when the sight of a military fast jet can provoke a sense of awe. It used to be that they were so prevalent that nobody really took any notice apart from an appreciative glance in their direction.

Like a lot of things, you don't notice them until they've gone.

Bob Viking
6th Jul 2017, 16:56
Three posts before a positive comment is turned into a sad lament. Is that a record?

You're right of course but some things don't need saying.

BV

Danny42C
7th Jul 2017, 13:51
Flying Anorak,

Albert Dock - That takes me back ! A s a boy in the '20s, my dad sometimes used to take me round on our weekend strolls: I well remember that there were still small coasters in the dock. Their hawsers all had loose sheet metal disks round them between ship and shore - to stop rats coming aboard !

The dock was always deathly quiet Sat/Sun: you just walked in, round and out again. Nobody checked you.

Danny.

jolihokistix
7th Jul 2017, 14:04
Various photos here: Military Aviation Photography | StevieBeats (http://www.steviebeats.co.uk/)

SATCOS WHIPPING BOY
10th Jul 2017, 23:53
Various photos here: Military Aviation Photography | StevieBeats (http://www.steviebeats.co.uk/)
Thanks for that link. Some superb images there from a highly skilled photographer.

It would be nice to see Pinky do a UK tour before it goes to Leeming on its final flight.

frodo_monkey
11th Jul 2017, 06:07
RIAT this week (so long as it works) then off to the scrapyard early August.