PDA

View Full Version : easyJet Typed FO recruitment - 2017/2018

Guynemer
6th Jul 2017, 10:16
Hi everyone,

easyJet recently opened again its pilot recruitment page online.

For the type rated FOs, they offer different bases, including:
- Luton/Gatwick
- Palma de Mallorca
- Portugal

I heard that Portugal can be a trap as, later on, if you want to move on another base, you might be stuck here unless you find yourself another FO willing to replace you. Plus the heavy taxes in Portugal.

Any easyJet pilot able to comment on the PMI option (Palma) ? They say it is a seasoal base, 8 months ON / 4 months OFF. How do you feel about this new contract?

If you are in PMI, do you still get the opportunity to move on another base later (UK/FRANCE/ITALY etc.)?

What is the roster when you are working? Does it depend on the base ?

Do you think it is better to apply for one base rather than another one in order to get better chances to be invited for selection? Indeed, I tend to think that their biggest needs are for Luton/Gatwick.

In advance, thank you for your light...

UAU242
4th Aug 2017, 09:41
Hi I was wondering whether anyone at Easy could help with a query.
I'm looking for more info on the criteria for qualifying for an SFO contract vs FO contract, I understand that it depends on factored easyJet hours, but has anyone come across number of landings being part of the criteria?? Thanks

Count of Monte Bisto
4th Aug 2017, 23:15
UAU242 - never heard of that one before. The only criteria I have ever heard of is 'factored' hours. There is a similar thread elsewhere, but the numbers used are as follows for UK contracts:

SFO- >2500 factored hours and full ATPL

(0.8 x your total hours for short haul jet FO)
(0.9x your total hours for short jet CPT)

(0.6x your total hours for long haul FO)
(0.7 x total hours for long haul CPT)

(0.7 x your total hours for Airline turbine FO)
(0.8 x your total hours for airline turbine CPT)

FO- >1250 factored hours

Upgrade to FO after a minimum of 24 months operating as FO.

phenix007
7th Aug 2017, 08:38
Hi to everybody ,

How long did you wait to get a final result after the sim assessment for NTR SFO UK contract?

At this moment +/- 5 weeks have gone and no news

Thanks

Count of Monte Bisto
7th Aug 2017, 20:12
I would contact them and politely ask if there was any news.

UAU242
7th Aug 2017, 21:39
Thanks for the info...much appreciated!

That's odd. Factored hours is definitely the only criteria? In that case have you ever heard of anyone being told they don't have sufficient landings, despite meeting the minimum factored hours, for a SFO contract?

UAU242
10th Aug 2017, 08:59
Anyone come across the above?

dirk85
10th Aug 2017, 10:18
Negative, for the 100th time.

SpGo
10th Aug 2017, 10:19
Thanks for the info...much appreciated!

That's odd. Factored hours is definitely the only criteria? In that case have you ever heard of anyone being told they don't have sufficient landings, despite meeting the minimum factored hours, for a SFO contract?

Some airlines use cruise pilots who are only qualified above 10000ft and are never at the controls during TO or landing, are you talking about this kind of hours?

akindofmagic
10th Aug 2017, 10:48
UAU242...are you hard of understanding?

UAU242
10th Aug 2017, 19:43
akindofmagic - yes
dirk85 - thanks, for the 100th time

SpGo - thanks but no not talking about cruise pilots

PilotRoger
10th Aug 2017, 23:16
Hi everyone,

I heard that Portugal can be a trap as, later on, if you want to move on another base, you might be stuck here unless you find yourself another FO willing to replace you. Plus the heavy taxes in Portugal.

What's the deal with the taxation? In mean which base is more convenient in this case?

manulepilote
29th Aug 2017, 18:08
After Passing the online assessments test the next step is the interview, how long does it last ?
is the simulator done on the same day ?