PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Newbie

31B
5th Jul 2017, 09:24
Hi crew, new in Oz and looking at offshore options. Have heard Babcock are kicking goals. What's the word on these guys. Appreciate any insight, ciao

ersa
5th Jul 2017, 10:30
Babcock never seem to advertise, but seem to fill the positions

31B
5th Jul 2017, 12:04
How's a newbie supposed to get noticed 👀 🙃

belly tank
5th Jul 2017, 13:08
There are countless offshore pilots in OZ that have worked for the majors in the last few years that were laid off and looking for work right now with all the tickets. And its not always that those tickets will get you the job ;)

Quickdraw
6th Jul 2017, 01:01
31B, I have a couple of mates who are working for Babcock. They all seem happy enough, word of mouth seems to be the way to go. I can get a contact for you if you like?

Heliringer
6th Jul 2017, 02:19
I'm guessing that you have a work visa, not a working holiday one.

If you have S92 experience hit up HNZ.

CHC, were looking for some experienced and type rated casual offshore pilots just recently. It may be worth calling them.

No Idea about Bristow.

Babcock is mostly word of mouth, however to stand a chance in Australia at the moment expect to be ATPL/IR qualified. There are heaps of ATPL/IR qualified pilots in Australia with those quals that are looking.

Good luck and welcome to Australia.

Brother
6th Jul 2017, 08:53
Mate, you'll need S-92 experience to be considered by HNZ but I think recruitment is finished for SAR and line drivers. Word is that BRS made 20 redundant a few weeks ago so lots of experienced guys out there at the moment.

31B
8th Jul 2017, 01:39
Hi QuickDraw contact would be good. I can get to Adelaide if required. I do have ATPL subjects and I have the IREX. Waiting on results.
I see they have put an add out. Visual on Bladeslapper!!

fadecdegraded
8th Jul 2017, 08:55
Where are the contracts that these positions are being advertised for ?