PDA

View Full Version : Rob McGregor

JimL
3rd Jul 2017, 12:18
Just heard that Rob McGregor of Bristow and IFALPA passed away last week.

Jim

ec155
3rd Jul 2017, 12:24
Just heard that Rob McGregor of Bristow and IFALPA passed away last week.

Jim

Sorry to hear that. Rob was very knowledgeable and knew his stuff. Spent many, many airborne hours with Rob over the years.

Condolences to his family.

Nigerian Expat Outlaw
3rd Jul 2017, 12:36
Sad news. Flew as Robbie's co-pilot just after I finished my Tiger line training. Robbie always wanted to climb to around FL100 (felt like orbit to me !) en route to the ESB. One of the true characters.

NEO

212man
3rd Jul 2017, 13:49
That's sad news indeed. I did my line training with him around the same time as NEO, and always enjoyed his sage advice and anecdotes, including his adventures in G-TIGD! https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/5422f714ed915d1374000629/4-1984_G-TIGD.pdf (I see it's 34 years tomorrow that it happened).

Democritus
3rd Jul 2017, 14:13
So sorry to hear that. Never flew with Rob as we were on different fleets at ABZ but had great respect for him. Same age as me - very sobering!

industry insider
3rd Jul 2017, 21:30
Sad to hear that. I always found Rob to be a very precise operator. Although we didn't agree on everything, helicopter pilots everywhere have a lot to thank him for. Hopefully he is now at FL infinity, I know he will be happy there.

TipCap
4th Jul 2017, 08:37
Condolences to Rob's family. I flew with him many a time and whilst we didn't always see eye to eye, I always respected his opinions.

TC

Ennio
4th Jul 2017, 09:09
My sincere condolences to Robs family and friends. I enjoyed flying with him and when he was ever in a "chatty" mood he was a very interesting gentleman.
I'm sure he will be checking his own knee pad against St Peters log!
Another sad loss of a real character.

Captain Catastrophy
4th Jul 2017, 21:35
RIP Robbie. Among the felonies of my career was persuading him to go low level from HUY to ABZ low level including a flypast of Leconfield. Was restricted to FL100 after that...........

CRS
5th Jul 2017, 14:46
That is indeed sad news. I flew with Rob many times in my formative years, and later on the company council. A gentleman. Rest in Peace