PDA

View Full Version : When i thought i'd seen it all........ Dreamers !

mcoates
2nd Jul 2017, 20:55
Here we go again, a new aircraft to beat all other concept aircraft and everything else.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/culture/technology/the-silvermoon-a-powersport-sized-aircraft-equipped-with-dualwings/article35485541/

Ascend Charlie
2nd Jul 2017, 21:54
Tell him he's dreaming! What's he want for it, anyway?

One line of the article tells the story:
Abhishek works in Mumbai, India, for Lunatic Koncepts.

Aussie Bob
3rd Jul 2017, 03:48
You may well say he is dreaming but dreamers made the internal combustion engine, the motor car, the aeroplane and space travel, just to name a few.

Without dreamers you get ...... nothing!
Dreamers have made everything.

aroa
3rd Jul 2017, 10:04
Good on the 'dreamers'. Very futuristic.
I hope he has big heaps of money to see it through to fruition.

spinex
4th Jul 2017, 01:25
The "heaps of money" comment may be a clue - these kind of things tend to get a mention in as much media as they can buy before prospectuses start landing on desks. Cue years of "development" work in a tax friendly environment, with the occasional added bonus of government innovation funding and it becomes a nice living for a couple of people. Call me cynical, just don't call me late for dinner...

Flying Binghi
4th Jul 2017, 02:31
Hmmm... India. Young demographic, still high family values, increasingly well educated in computer related industry's = Inovation KA-BOOM...

noflynomore
4th Jul 2017, 11:16
You may well say he is dreaming but dreamers made the internal combustion engine, the motor car, the aeroplane and space travel, just to name a few.

I'd dispute that. All those inventions were made by innovative skilled engineers with vision, and none by kids with star-wars imaginations, vast computer graphic skills and not a shred of knowledge of engineering, aviation or the state of aviation technology (hydrogen for instance) like this fellow. Dreamer, yes he is. But he won't ever produce a vialble aircraft design this way.
Jet thrust measured in Ft Lbs is it? This is such a basic blunder it indicates engineering knowledge at schoolboy level, and not even a well read schoolboy at that.
He's a good graphic artist and dreamer. Little more.

gerry111
4th Jul 2017, 13:47
Jet thrust measured in Ft Lbs is it?

I reckon that the guy's all torque and no action..