PDA

View Full Version : BM -- myself and 17 others!

swiftlee
18th Jan 2001, 18:21
along with 17 (or so i hear) other people, i received a call from OATS today, telling my that my rejection from the aptitude tests was in error. i have now been invited to the first interview!! 9th feb - anyone else?

can anyone be specific as to what i should know? i'll be brushing up on met, the mechanical bits of little planes, BM itself and 'why do i want to be a pilot...' what else do i need?

jollygreengiant
18th Jan 2001, 19:31
Did they explain what the 'error' was?

BigAir
18th Jan 2001, 21:07
I too had a rather unexpected phone call today, all I could say was thank you OATS for being so honest about it, anyway I have got a lot of boneing up to do these next few days,

good luck all

Yippee!!!!!!

Bigair

swiftlee
19th Jan 2001, 13:38
jollygren, they said there was some problem with a database or some such.

wingnaprayer
19th Jan 2001, 23:43
Most likely reason is that they have had cancellations / no-shows and need to interview x number of candidates in line with BS's requirements.

Good luck to all of you.

BigAir
20th Jan 2001, 20:06
WingnaPrayer,

I think that this is not the case, to specifically target 18 individuals when the numbers are being cut from 150odd down to 50ish, and then intergrate them into your interview process (having previously sent them rejection letters) to me is not a normal thing to do, and I appreciate OATS's honesty in doing so. Indeed if we are "borderline" cases, they would probably of said our applications would be reviewed - like Aer Lingus did last year. Having been to final interview with every other airline, I found it strange that I hadn't even passed the BM aptitudes - after all they are all looking for the same 'profiles' of applicants - you have either got it our you haven't. That being said, your explanation could be the case, but I think it is somewhat unlikely.

BigAir

wingnaprayer
20th Jan 2001, 22:40
Your point is well made Big Air. I'm speaking from personal experience in so far as I left it v. late to advise BM of my cancellation. (late fail in Class 1) No doubt there are more out there in a similar situation.

W.

BigAir
21st Jan 2001, 20:15
Wingnaprayer,

I am sorry to hear about your class 1. You must be gutted, but I hope that your reason for failure is not one that can't be worked around, ie by getting an op done, or doing x number of hours and such and such before class 1 is issued.

Good luck with everything

Bigair